Better-N-Peanutbutter

Options
Have you tried it? whats your opinion? Im lovin it. I like peanutbutter but its not a good option for a low fat diet so this product seems to fill that void.

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/nutrition.php

Replies

• JeneansaQueen
    Options
    HATE IT! I thought it would be good. I LOVE peanut butter, but this has a funky taste. Good luck.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    The name implies that it's mixed with chocolate or something
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Too many ingredients... I like regular peanut butter or PB2 on toast or in milk with protein powder. Omnomnom.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I use JustGreatStuff Organic Powdered Peanut Butter....just like PB2, but it was sold out. It's so yummy!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I tried it and thought it was okay at first and then the more I had it, the less I liked it. It's just a jar of mildly peanut flavored chemicals and I ended up tossing out the jar before it was done.

For similar stats, no chemicals, and real peanut butter taste, I go with PB2 from Bell Plantation.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I have seen it, but not interested in trying it. I prefer my food to have as few ingredients as possible and for the ingredients to be something I recognize. I just go for natural peanut butter and PB2.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Tried it and really disliked it. Also too high in carbs for me. Natural PB is a great low carb snack and this did not fit the bill :frown:
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I didn't really care too much for it. It tasted syrupy to me and not really like peanut butter. I would rather have PB2 or Natural peanut butter instead,.

Have you tried it? whats your opinion? Im lovin it. I like peanutbutter but its not a good option for a low fat diet so this product seems to fill that void.

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/nutrition.php
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason you are eating low fat? The right fats are good for you. Nuts and nut butters are an excellent source.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Any particular reason you are eating low fat? The right fats are good for you. Nuts and nut butters are an excellent source.

Yes, I know but Real PB is very very high in fat. Even good fat is fat. Im averaging about 35 grams of fat per day on a 1500 cal a day diet and 4 Tbsp. of real PB (enough to make a sandwich) is 32 grams or about an entire days worth of fat. I find the Better-n-PB a pretty good option. I enjoy the taste and it satisfies my BP urge at only 4 grams of fat and about only half the calories.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Yes, I know but Real PB is very very high in fat. Even good fat is fat. Im averaging about 35 grams of fat per day on a 1500 cal a day diet and 4 Tbsp. of real PB (enough to make a sandwich) is 32 grams or about an entire days worth of fat. I find the Better-n-PB a pretty good option. I enjoy the taste and it satisfies my BP urge at only 4 grams of fat and about only half the calories.

As long as you can swing the calories, you don't have to count fat grams when it comes to good fat. I go over on fat all of the time (from healthy sources: olive oil, nuts, etc.). Lost weight and maintain my 30 pound loss by doing this, plus my blood work is great to boot. Healthy fats are much better for you than eating peanut butter flavored chemical concoctions.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Probably would not eat it. I prefer real food, regardless of fat content.
  • Peggb
    Peggb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like the cals for the serving so I got it thinking it would be a good pb sub....I hated the taste - so did my family - so I just use a reduced fat one now and less of it - never a full serving
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    REAL stuff please : )
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

I tried the stuff, thought it was sickingly sweet, not at all like the real stuff. I also find that 1-2 TBS is enough for a sandwich. Maybe try spreading a little thinner?
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I like PB2 which is still peanut butter dehydrated. I have tried it on a sandwich it was pretty close to the same taste as regular with much less calories and fat (45 calories)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It is *beyond* vile. Seriously, how can anyone eat that stuff. To reduce the fat in my peanut butter I buy old fashioned peanut butter, label the month on the jar, and wait six months, then I pour the oil off the top. If you want to know the nutrition stats, you can weigh the oil with a food scale or use a measuring cup--then do the math to recalculate. I've also used defatted peanut flour, which is like PB2, but cheaper, and doesn't have sugar in it.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Healthy fats are much better for you than eating peanut butter flavored chemical concoctions.

I don’t see any chemical concoctions. I see its made of

PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER),

TAPIOCA SYRUP,

PURE WATER,

DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE,

RICE SYRUP,

VEGETABLE GLYCERIN,

SOY FLOUR,

SALT,

TAPIOCA STARCH,

NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS,

PAPRIKA

ANNATO,

CALCIUM CARBONATE,

LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options

Wow 4 tbs of pb for a sandwhich? If you want to enjoy real Peanut butter, try just using one serving. I usually find 2 tbs more than enough for a peanut butter sandwich. Instead of using four, add some honey, preserves, or fruit to the sandwich, or if you feel like that makes too empty of a sandwich, just spread 1-2tbs on a single piece of bread for a snack- you don't use as much, and it's less bread. Again, I think 4tbs is an awful lot for a sandwich (I enjoy my peanut butter almost daily in small increments- 1tbs with breakfast in my oatmeal, and maybe 1tbs on toast or in a peanut butter and honey sandwich later), or just as a single 2tbs serving at some point with apples, bread, oatmeal, etc.
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I just bought PB2, the powdered PB and it is amazing stuff! Tastes just like the real thing and only 45 calories and 1.5 grams fat for 2 Tbs!