The day I realized my butt disappeared :-/

Options
So I just finished washing my hands in the bathroom & as most women do, I adjusted my clothes in the mirror. After doing this I turned and looked back over my shoulder, and to my suprise I realized that I no longer have a butt :sad: . What happened? I lose a little weight and this is what I get!

Replies

• dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    do you exercise?

does your exercise include squats and lunges???

these will help...!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    LMAO, girl, be happy!!! That is a non scale victory if I've ever heard one!!! Congrats!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Start lifting heavy and do lots of squats and lunges - my jaw dropped just this morning when I saw my round, seriously pert butt in the mirror this morning.....Now if I can only get rid of the perimenopausal tummy pouch like that!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It happens. You don't get to choose where you lose fat. As you continue to lose things should even themselves out. :) additionally you can do squats, lunges, etc. to tighten your booty. ;)
  • misstori09
    misstori09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    do you exercise?

these will help...!

Yes, I do exercise. I guess I need to add the lunges & squats. I have a bad knee so I'm terrified that doing too much will make it worse.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I remember the day my partner panicked because my backside was disappearing
  • misstori09
    misstori09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LMAO, girl, be happy!!! That is a non scale victory if I've ever heard one!!! Congrats!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Well......since you put it that way Lori....I guess I can be a little happy!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats, deadlifts and lunges. Mine hasn't disappeared and looks better than ever.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Squat and lunge heavy until you puke....then repeat. =)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    What! What?!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    What does that look like? How do you sit? I'm just curious.

:P
  • astrampe
    Options
    do you exercise?

these will help...!

Yes, I do exercise. I guess I need to add the lunges & squats. I have a bad knee so I'm terrified that doing too much will make it worse.

I have two bad knees and once you learn the correct form for squats and lunges, it actually strenghens the knees.....
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    do you exercise?

these will help...!

I have two bad knees and once you learn the correct form for squats and lunges, it actually strenghens the knees.....

Does it? I also have bad knees (it's bad enough to prevent me from running). Maybe I'll have to work on this then. :)
  • blueyedwhitewolf
    Options
    do you exercise?

these will help...!

Does it? I also have bad knees (it's bad enough to prevent me from running). Maybe I'll have to work on this then. :)

I also have bad knees. I went to a physical therapist and was informed that it's because the muscles in my upper legs have one stronger then the other. Lunges and squats help to strengthen them both. It gets easier the more you do and you will love the results when your done.
  • astrampe
    Options
    Yep - agree that the squats and lunges are great for strengening the muscles supporting the knees - I used to have to hold on to the stair railings for support after running 5kms....Now I run ten plus, and my knees only hurt when its really cold.......
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    now just get a fit butt
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I love my butt... lol... but because I'm a pear it never goes away. My waist is the incredibly shrinking waist though...
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Squats lunges and donkey kicks have started to give me the butt I have always dreamed of.... one that you can cup !! :tongue:

I am facinated with it hahaha.....
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    A woman with no butt??? Oh Hell No!!!

Start hitting the weights ASAP!!!
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    maybe your not used to seeing it so small? when you get your healthiest , i bet you will have more form and curves all over, make sure your adding weight training for all over body 3-4 times a week . low/ med weight, high reps to tone , heavy weight, low reps to bulk

=)