MFP Round Two - After Baby #2

Options
Hello everyone!

I used MFP back in early 2011, with it I lost about 15 pounds and went down to a weight I hadn’t seen since I was a teenager. I lost the weight to feel better about myself after having my first child in 2009 and retaining some baby weight. I also lost the weight because I wanted to get pregnant in fall 2011.

I got pregnant and had my second child in June 2012. Now, 5 months after she was born, I have only lost about 30 pounds (I gained about 50 with the pregnancy). I lost 20ish pounds right off the bat, what with having the baby and nursing.

At 3 months post baby I began and completed a full round of Insanity, all 9 weeks (to include the recovery week). At this time after my first pregnancy, I was already back in pre-pregnancy clothes and down within 5 pounds of pre-pregnancy weight. Now, I still have 15 pounds to go! And my weight keeps going up! I eat right (I couldn’t track my calories, it was affecting my milk supply), I exclusively breastfeed, I’ve worked out 6 days a week for the past 2 months and I’ve only lost about 7 pounds. I wouldn’t worry so much about weight and stuff, but I am in the military! I only have one more month to be fit enough for a PT test, and I need this weight off!

I know I am probably over stressing but I’d like to see the numbers on the scale going down, not up. They have been going up for the past couple weeks now. It’s upsetting. I even started tracking calories again today (though if it affects my milk supply I’ll have to stop again).

And no, I haven’t see any big difference in terms of inches.

And to top it all off, I am going through lung pain again. Pain when taking deep breaths while exercising or climbing stairs or whatever. I had this before I started Insanity, the doctor’s told me it could have been pleurisy. Well I have it again. Which means I may have to take it easy . Appointment is tomorrow so we’ll see.

Any advice or words of wisdom? Maybe someone could motivate me?

Replies

• mamaisis09
    Options
    bump
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You can track calories with exclusive BF. The thing is be sure you are eating ENOUGH! You need 500 Extra calories a day to keep that supply up! With that much exercise and the BF maybe you are not eating enough and body is hanging on to everything????
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I tried to count calories, but for some reason, writing down everything I ate was affecting my milk supply, perhaps I was subconsciously not eating as much. I tried about 3 months ago to track calories. I'm trying again now.

I was eating enough, and producing a TON of milk. I just don't know.

My husband thinks its hormones, left over from pregnancy and from my new birth control...