Les Mills Pump Show me your success

Options

Replies

• jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Once I start and finish Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, I want to try Les Mills PUMP next. So, please keep us posted on your results. Good luck and best wishes on you healthy journey!!

Thank you :)... Good Luck with yours :)
  • PDiddy0913
    Options
    I started LMP yesterdat and I LOVE IT so far!! Can't wait to do it some more!
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds doing LMP from June-September. I still do it on my off days but am running a lot now.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I started LMP yesterdat and I LOVE IT so far!! Can't wait to do it some more!

Are you doing the at home version?
  • ladycb1
    Options
    I attend body pump 2-3 times per week @ my gym and I usually double my warm up weights for squats and lower it for chest
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey are you seeing results? What weights did you start with like on the squats? I was messing around with it I realized I feel it more if I go heavier but maybe miss a few reps.
    I did Les Mills Body Pump for a year. My gym changed the classes every 8-10 weeks I think. Eventually my body adjust to it and I plateaued. I stopped body pump and moved on to heavy lifting, but I still go back once in a while just to break my regular routine. Body Pump is a good cardio work out as well.

Start of Body Pump / END of Body Pump

Squats:
    20 lbs/ 70lbs I can now squat 245lbs
  • jdavis193
    Options
    How quickly did you see results from LMP today marks 3 weeks and I have not seen any changes yet.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love pump but if its getting too easy, or you arent feeling it, increase your weights (I do it at the gym)

If you cant get stuff over your head, or done, adapt and forget about the bar, use hand weights and such (easier for shoulders, lunges and squats to do than the rest)

Its usually (combined totals)

Warm up weight - warm up 10-12.5kg
    double to treble warm up weight for squats 27.5-30kg
    up to double warm up weight for chest 12.5-15kg
    Chest or a bit heavier for back 20kg
    between warm up weight and chest weight for triceps 12.5-15kg on bar and 7.5-10kg for overhead extensions
    warm up weight for biceps (heavier if you really can take it) 10-12.5kg
    warm up to chest weight for shoulders 12.5kg on bar and 2.5/5kg for hand weights

Thats my own weights for demonstration purposes , with all the recommendations that the instructors give about weights throughout the classes.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I love pump but if its getting too easy, or you arent feeling it, increase your weights (I do it at the gym)

If you cant get stuff over your head, or done, adapt and forget about the bar, use hand weights and such (easier for shoulders, lunges and squats to do than the rest)

Its usually (combined totals)

Warm up weight - warm up 10-12.5kg
    double to treble warm up weight for squats 27.5-30kg
    up to double warm up weight for chest 12.5-15kg
    Chest or a bit heavier for back 20kg
    between warm up weight and chest weight for triceps 12.5-15kg on bar and 7.5-10kg for overhead extensions
    warm up weight for biceps (heavier if you really can take it) 10-12.5kg
    warm up to chest weight for shoulders 12.5kg on bar and 2.5/5kg for hand weights

Thats my own weights for demonstration purposes , with all the recommendations that the instructors give about weights throughout the classes.

I do the at home version so on the shorter video I go heavier and then the longer version I go just a tad bit lighter but doing the shorter version has been helping. I do about 40-45 lbs with squats the overhead press with the wide grip rows it's about 20 I could actually go heavier when it comes to the overhead press. The wide grip rows I have to stay at 20. The video lengths arrange from 20min-45. How quickly did you see results?
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Fairly quickly in the scheme of things (but im fairly sensitive to tesoterone), it changed my shape, i didnt use it to 'lose pounds' though.

It took a while for me to notice myself, but less time for other people to notice.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in Week 7 of a LMP - Insanity hybrid.. I didn't feel like Pump was giving me enough cardio and the off days with Flow/Walking surely wasn't going to do it.. So, on those days, it's Insanity. Seems to be working really good.. Since one is a 90 program and the other is 60 days, I had to modify and make my own calendar. I have never worked with weights before and I am loving Pump!!
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    How quickly did you see results from LMP today marks 3 weeks and I have not seen any changes yet.
    It seems like you are wanting results fast. It takes at least 12 weeks to see changes. My friends saw it around 8 weeks. Some see it faster others it takes longer. But ask yourself what exactly are your goals with Body Pump, is there something in specific you are wanting?
    Body Pump is baby weight for me now. I started heavy weight training and its the best change I could have done.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    It seems like you are wanting results fast. It takes at least 12 weeks to see changes. My friends saw it around 8 weeks. Some see it faster others it takes longer. But ask yourself what exactly are your goals with Body Pump, is there something in specific you are wanting?
    Body Pump is baby weight for me now. I started heavy weight training and its the best change I could have done.

No I am not wanting results quickly. My first round I did get results quickly so I know it is slow to get the best results. I just have heard some people say they have seen results around the 3rd or 4th week. I upped my cals from 1350 to 1600 so that should help as well.
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just started Pump a week ago at my gym. I was surprised how much I liked it. I didn't know there was an at home version, I'll check it out. Thanks for starting this thread ;)
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on my 3rd week but I started on month 2 since I had just wrapped up Chalean Extreme. I felt like month one wasn't going to be enough for me. Last week I upped my weights for arms and back. I won't go much heavier on legs because I have weak knees and don't want to chance messing them up. I go a total of 35 with lower body. so 17.5 on each side and then I just go a total of 25 on press (12.5 on each side). I am seeing results in my chest area and getting more defined in the shoulders. (CLX helped with the original definition) and my abs are starting to show more. I was lazy on CLX and never did the separate ab work,so i love that abs are included at the end of each of these workouts.

As far as weight..i haven't dropped any but just firming up a little more..
  • Wende3
    Wende3 Posts: 41
    Options
    I have been doing it since June and actually gained 10 pounds. I didn't follow the diet. I just bought the cardio Tae Bo dvd and do that three days a week and then do a 30 minute LMP the other two days. I need more cardio to burn fat. I am getting a treadmill here soon so hoping that helps. I need to get my eating under control for sure! Ugh!
  • kristibluefood
    kristibluefood Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I love LMP! I originally started at the beginning of November and lost ~8 pounds the first three weeks, but after Thanksgiving I really fell off the horse and didn't work out for 3 weeks and gained back the 8 pounds, yikes. I re-started where I left off and am now on day 25 and already down 4 of those 8 pounds, which is really exciting. I know I can get awesome results if I am consistent with the workouts and eating super strict. I stopped tracking my nutrition here for a while, but it really helps me stay on track, so I need all the support I can get and came back to MFG to start logging in my food.

As far as weights go, I still haven't put more than 10 pounds on each side. My core and back are really weak, so I'm afraid to load up too much for the back tracks. Also, having the bar on my shoulder for squats makes my upper back tight, so I'm somewhat lost on what to do about that. I think I can go a lot heavier than 10 pounds on each side for squats, but I don't want to compromise my back in order to do it. I think I need more than Flow to stretch me out, too. I'm thinking about doing either X Stretch or Yoga X on the says it calls for Flow just to get more of a stretch because I wake up so tight. Not necessarily sore, but really tight from all of the work we do on the back side from hamstrings up to back.

Anyway, I love this program and have started to play around with eating more carbs on strength days to fuel my workouts. I started out at 1300 calories per day and after 2 weeks was starving all the time, so I'm eating more whole foods, clean foods, and upped my calories to 1650 for now.

Let's support each other, if you need help, reach out to us!
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it in class three times a week. And currently I have lost 17 lbs and ill get back to you on inches idk yet lol I feel leaner thou by far and I will continue doing it for a few more months :)
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Yay!

I love that so many of you all are doing BB workouts! Changed my life! Get on the Les Mills Combat! My coach helped me so much to reach my goals. If yall won't some help and motivation let me know! I'm a coach and I'm here for ya! :)
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    <
    This is a Body Pump body.

I've been doing the Group Ex version of Les Mills Pump for years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!