I had every good intentions....

Options
i really did have all intentions on going to the gym.
i drove there. parked. got out of my car. got back in. pulled out of parking spot. drove in a circle. parked again. left.
found myself in macis. bought a pair of jeans one size smaller than i use to wear a week ago simply because i wanted a reward? do i feel guilty? as a mo-fo!! but now I am going to sit on my butt all night and play world of warcraft :D

Replies

• Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    That smiley face at the end needs a smack back into reality.
  • simpleejenn
    Options
    It is not a smiley face. It is a happy face. Learn the difference.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    wat
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    That smiley face at the end needs a smack back into reality.

this^^^

I could barely walk this morning because my quads were sore from doing squats Monday. But I went to the gym, I walked 35 minutes on the treadmill...then I went and did 18 squats!
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha, reminds me of the way I do my school work! Open webpage. Look at webpage. Close webpage. Open facebook. :3
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha, reminds me of the way I do my school work! Open webpage. Look at webpage. Close webpage. Open facebook. :3

Same here! Except I open MFP.

I'm genuinely confused by the nature of this post, but congrats on the smaller pantalones. That's always a good feeling.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait

You posted a top. On the Fitness and Exercise Board. On a site where all the people are actively changing their lives. About how you *didn't* exersise and are instead replacing that with inactivity? Isn't that completely backwards of the point of the site? And you didn't think people would flame you? No one is that naive.

ETA: if you genuinely needed a rest day that's one thing. But it wasn't mentioned in the OP. The wording is set up to be very argument heavy. All I'm saying. Congrats on smaller pants, though.
  • simpleejenn
    Options
    Who said it is tough to motivate myself? I've been to the gym the past 11 days in a row. Lost a total of 53 pounds since April. I took a break. And posted it. Whoopty ****.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    So you came to a site devoted to health and fitness. Went into the sub-forum that is specifically for people to talk about fitness and exercise. Posted about how you went all the way to the gym, parked, got out of your car, and then decided to just forget the whole idea of working out and chose then drive all the way home to sit on your *kitten* and play a video game all night?

On a forum filled with people struggling to find ways and times to fit working out into their schedules. Surrounded by people that do everything they can to make sure they get some sort of workout in when they can, or if they're sore, or if they're tired, or sick. All people that have worked hard to get to the point where they are.

And you're surprised and pissy because people don't think you're clever/witty/awesome/whatever reaction you expected? Really?
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    So you came to a site devoted to health and fitness. Went into the sub-forum that is specifically for people to talk about fitness and exercise. Posted about how you went all the way to the gym, parked, got out of your car, and then decided to just forget the whole idea of working out and chose then drive all the way home to sit on your *kitten* and play a video game all night?

On a forum filled with people struggling to find ways and times to fit working out into their schedules. Surrounded by people that do everything they can to make sure they get some sort of workout in when they can, or if they're sore, or if they're tired, or sick. All people that have worked hard to get to the point where they are.

And you're surprised and pissy because people don't think you're clever/witty/awesome/whatever reaction you expected? Really?

I like you. Basically what I said, but you're more articulate haha
  • simpleejenn
    Options
    You all should really grow up. I am entitled to dictate as applicable per my feelings. I put in 50 hours a week in school, another 30 in work...ALONE.

Wasn't looking for ANY sort of response. Just a little off the beaten path. Am allowed to express differently WITHOUT fear of you crazies.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I get dressed, drive toward the gym from work, ... duck down so the gym doesn't see me, drive right past and head home. :laugh:

True story... It's happened more than once. I hope the gym doesn't 'see me'... :indifferent:
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options

She's admitted to playing World of Warcraft. There are obviously underlying issues :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Think this belongs in the chit chat forum, with the rest of the dross posts. :wink:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Wasn't looking for ANY sort of response.

Hmmmm...I think I've discovered the problem. I do not think you understand the point of a forum. You post, people respond. If you don't want any responses, don't post.

And if you do want to post it simply for fun, then choose the Chit Chat forum, where people would more likely see it as humorous. Rather than the Fitness and Exercise forum, where people want to talk about fitness and exercise, not skipping doing exercise and bettering fitness to play video games.

There isn't anything wrong with the choice you made for yourself for the night. Where you posted it, how you posted it, and how you reacted is what is turning people negative.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i really did have all intentions on going to the gym.
    i drove there. parked. got out of my car. got back in. pulled out of parking spot. drove in a circle. parked again. left.
    found myself in macis. bought a pair of jeans one size smaller than i use to wear a week ago simply because i wanted a reward? do i feel guilty? as a mo-fo!! but now I am going to sit on my butt all night and play world of warcraft :D

I hope those jeans still fit tomorrow. :happy:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Wasn't looking for ANY sort of response.

Hmmmm...I think I've discovered the problem. I do not think you understand the point of a forum. You post, people respond. If you don't want any responses, don't post.

And if you do want to post it simply for fun, then choose the Chit Chat forum, where people would more likely see it as humorous. Rather than the Fitness and Exercise forum, where people want to talk about fitness and exercise, not skipping doing exercise and bettering fitness to play video games.

There isn't anything wrong with the choice you made for yourself for the night. Where you posted it, how you posted it, and how you reacted is what is turning people negative.

This. Good for you for going down a pants size. Take a break if you need it. But posting in a workout forum about skipping the gym to play WoW... Yeah. I fail to see the logic behind that.