The Last Stretch

Options
Hi guys!

So far I have lost 9 kilo's, and I think currently I have about another 5-6 to go until I am happy enough with how my body looks before I start toning.
I hear that the last few kilos are the hardest to lose? Is this necessarliy true? Is any body else in this phase and finding anything that is working for them to keep them motivated?

Any advice would be great :)

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've lost 41 pounds and have 9 more to go. I'm wondering if I should be changing things up - start focusing more on strength, eat more or just keep doing what I'm doing.

I'm eager to hear responses to this one.
  • kaligatehouse
    kaligatehouse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've lost 41 pounds and have 9 more to go. I'm wondering if I should be changing things up - start focusing more on strength, eat more or just keep doing what I'm doing.

I have been told that constantly changing your work out can be good for you by doing different inverals of cardio and weights, as you are always going to build a resistance as you get fitter with the same work out, however I have also heard that people have gotten to their goal by sticking to a routine that helps with them..
    I am no fitness professional, however by combining cardio and weight you are apparently more likely to burn more calories?
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer that there should always be strength training going on in your work out plan. When there is more muscle present your body becomes more efficient at burning calories. Always challenge yourself when lifting your last few reps be difficult.

Oh and don't worry or think the thought if you lift heavy you'll get bulky cause it won't happen based on the limited testosterone produced in the female body.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    i lost as much fat as my body would easily lose, just followed mfp suggestions and it came right off, until the last 10lbs, then i plateaued and started weights, and I've just been fluctuating on the same 3 pounds up and down for 2 months. if you're losing eeight, I'd keep doing what you're doing till it stops working, then change things up.
  • AddieOverhaul
    Options

I have been told that constantly changing your work out can be good for you by doing different inverals of cardio and weights, as you are always going to build a resistance as you get fitter with the same work out, however I have also heard that people have gotten to their goal by sticking to a routine that helps with them..
    I am no fitness professional, however by combining cardio and weight you are apparently more likely to burn more calories?

I do some weight training already, because I like it and notice it makes a big difference, but I do focus more on cardio. i'm just curious if there is something you should do differently when you get close. And then once I get there I will wonder about maintenance!

At this point I really want to focus on toning and strengthening, especially my core. Improvements will be more noticeable now that there is less fat to cover up my muscles!
  • NatalieDumetz
    Options
    I have lost 6kg so far, and am constantly changing things up so far that is working for me. If i continually do the same thing i don't tend to lose any more weight but everyone is different :)
  • AddieOverhaul
    Options
    In regards to your question about motivation to keep going, I actually find myself more motivated the closer I get. It's like "I'm so close, it's so within my grasp i don't want to screw it up now!" So I've actually been pushing harder. I've also considered putting a picture of myself at my biggest either in my wallet or on my phone to look at when I need a reminder.
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The smaller you get the tougher it can become. It's not impossible just keep at it. I can get awfully tiresome being stuck with no real movement on the scale. Hang in there, you can do it!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The closer to a normal weight, the more you have to eat as your fat stores don't have as much storage space. So do yourself a favor, set your account to 1/2 lb per week and try to eat about 50% of your exercise calories or if you are consistent with your workouts, then add it in your lifestyle or if you want, post your height, age, weight and workout routine (time) and I can run the numbers. The majority of women I know are around 1700-2000 during cut phases. Also, when you are concentrating on cutting fat, it's better to spend more time weight training and reduce cardio.