I Need YOUR help- I'm finding the pounds I lost...

Options
Hello Everyone.
I'm Kimberly, I'm 23 and last year around this time I went on a journey of weightloss. I lost close to 50 lbs and then I stopped. I don't know why I did, but I have. I have recently put 12 lbs back on. I moved to a new city, but before I did that, when in the "transition" phase, I ruined all my progress that I have made. I am disgusted with myself, yet I feel like I can't stop screwing up. I can count all the things that I ate that were healthy all on one hand. I've made a lot of bad food decisions and I'm trying very hard to turn it around.
Please, I will take any words of encouragement you can offer, and I am looking for some new accountability pals, as most of mine have given up since last year as well. Lets do this, who's with me!!??

Replies

• Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Can't stop screwing up? I'd say that admitting to yourself that you need to clean up what you're eating is definitely not screwing up. Now that you know what you have to do, and you know you can do it because you've done it before, you're definitely back on track. Welcome back.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Don't wait another second; get right back in the groove. You know how this is done!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing....my ticker used to read 30lbs lost-not 24. :-/ I totally understand.... I've been telling myself lately that as long as it's healthy it's ok to eat it....even if I'm over in calories. Just because I want my mind set to go back into healthy eating mode and make better choices.... Night time and weekends are when I really screw up.... Going to bed early helps a LOT. Maybe just back a breakfast and lunch that's all healthy and plan ahead a healthy dinner....then go to bed if you feel you will eat junk afterwards... IDK it's what i've been doing the last few days and helped.
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips so far! Keep them coming. Something that has really hurt my progress is the fact that I work evenings at my job, and I'm up until 3-4 AM every night. I try to go to bed as early as possible, but it's hard not to snack when I am working/ when I get home.
  • Beth88888
    Beth88888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try giving yourself a mini goal of just being on track with calories and exercise for 5 days. I always find the first 4 to 5 days are the ones where my body clears itself out of all the junk, after that I start feeling much better and more determined to continue (for a while at least lol).

You have done it before really successfully, you CAN and WILL do it again.