Exercise Diary- Unsure how to type something in

So today I did 20 sit-ups. I found that you can enter it in your exercise diary in the Strength bit. The thing is I am unsure what to type in the boxes.

It says "number of sets" and "repetitions of sets", do I write "1" or "20" in the "number of sets" or "repetitions of sets"? I am unsure?

It's really confused me. Please help.

Replies

• victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Repetitions: How many times you did it.
    Sets: How many times you did a set of repetitions.

When I do my squats, I do 15 repetitions...but I do that 5 times. So I would type this:
    Number of Sets: 5
    Number of Repetitions: 15

So I would say your's would be
    Number of Sets: 1
    Number of Reps: 20
  • Hello,

Hopefully I can help a little with this.

If you did one set of 20 sit-ups then you would put "1" in the number of sets and "20" in the repetitions PER set.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Here is the key difference....

Listing items under "Cardiovascular" will give you credit for the calories you burned doing a particular activity. "Strength Training" is for tracking progress and history of things like sets repetitions and weight.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    I would doc it in exercise notes for the day. It is too variable to put a cal burn to it
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Repetitions = Number of movements you did without stopping.
    Sets = Number of times you did the movement with a break in between.

For example. You do 20 situps without stopping, take a 5 minute break then do another 20 situps. You have now done 2 sets of 20 repetitions.
  • sarahlm20
    sarahlm20 Posts: 66 Member
    Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me. I thought it was that but I just kept confusing myself up! lol. Really grateful for the help :)