Three Meals a Day?

Options
sohmui
sohmui Posts: 108 Member
Article from the BBC Website on the history of three meals a day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20243692

Replies

• samir316
    samir316 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Interesting article, thanks. Breakfast is usually my smallest meal and it's never adversely impacted me to eat that way.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I pretty much figured it was due to us laborers having to work all day which gave us only limited intervals for us to eat-before work, lunch break, and after work.
    After seeing the pics in the article,I now am craving eggs Benedict. :)
  • sohmui
    Options
    Interesting article, thanks. Breakfast is usually my smallest meal and it's never adversely impacted me to eat that way.
    B'fast is my smallest, too. I've tried to start the day big and end small, as all the advice recommends, but I can't seem to change. I am still losing weight despite this.
  • sohmui
    Options
    I pretty much figured it was due to us laborers having to work all day which gave us only limited intervals for us to eat-before work, lunch break, and after work.
    After seeing the pics in the article,I now am craving eggs Benedict. :)
    Ha ha, I know what you mean. I was desperate for the full English breakfast above the eggs Benedict! Had to make do with a handful of nuts - Bah!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I was reading this earlier, was going to post a new thread but will bump this instead as I think it's pretty interesting reading for a lot on here.

Especially those that talk about doing what "humans evolved to do" etc :).