the 4 hour body

Options
This week i decided to try something out. Like someone said give something a trial run. I think after many years of dieting i can confirm that i failed. and mostly not because the diet doesnt work but because the longest i have been on a diet was 10 days. That was an unrealistic raw fruit and veggie diet. I am the kind that thinks im an all or nothing but actually im not. I prefer options. I just used to have issues with Binging.

Used to being the keyword because i want to stop labelling myself, i end up binging because i tell myself im a binger. So i used to be a binger.

Sometime ago i read a tweet from Dr OZ saying if you want to lose belly fat, add a cup of beans to every meal. a cup or something like that. So on sunday with that in mind i boiled my pot of lentils. My plan was to have a cup at each meal for a while until i see results and as i was googling recipes for that i came accross a diet called 4 hour body. So since i had already had my beans in the morning i decided to go on this diet for the next 6 weeks.

The basics of this diet are

Rule 1: Avoid "white" carbohydrates (or anything that can be white).
Rule 2: Eat the same few meals over and over again.
Rule 3: Don't drink calories.
Rule 4: Don't eat fruit.
Rule 5: Take one day off per week and go nuts.

Im giving this a trial. It is not a very restrictive diet to me and also i decided this time like i said i have been on millions of diets and they never worked because i couldnt stick with them because of their restrictive nature. So on this diet i decided to tweak it to fit my lifestyle and i think for the 1st time in my life i found something that i can stick with long enough to see results.

I love the fact that carbs are not allowed, and the dont drink your calories part because i thought i would die from not having a cup of coffee in the morning. Im really not a fruit eater i love veggies, though i know the benefits of fruits. I love the fact that i can take one day off. I wasnt really looking for a diet where you can have a cheat day but i have realised that the reason why most of the time diets fail is because you are not allowed to eat specific things and then automatically you start craving them.

But the funny thing is if you think Im craving pizza, I will have it on sunday, then you dont throw any tantrums and end up having pizza each day and breaking a diet. and remaining huge.

So so far im on the 3rd day and i really love this diet, The biggest thing i have discovered is that im always full. thanks beans. Binging is psychological but when you always hungry it gets worse. And i think i found a cure for binge eaters. Have a cup of beans with each meal. and nuts those 2 things really can take one a long way.

So heres to the next 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks i will decide whether this is the lifestyle i choose and of course if it is i will add grains and fruits. to my daily meals

Replies

• phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That sounds like one of the worst diets and advice I have ever read. And Dr OZ, dear me. /facepalm

I wish you all the best. (But you don't need to do any of that nonsense to lose weight)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    The '4 hour body' isn't a diet... It's a book by Timothy Ferris. It's over 500 pages long and deals more with exercise than diet. This 'slow carb diet" consists of 5 pages.

The concept of eating the same meal repetitively is sorta right, but she didn't include the reasoning behind it. This 'diet' isn't meant to be 'for life' It's a 30-day diet. That's it. And then it encourages you to stay on a healthy diet. When Timothy did this diet, he still had 2 glasses of wine every day. "don't drink your calories...except 16 oz a day. She also forgot to mention there is no calorie counting and that #1 has a clause.
    The OP is describing the "slow-carb" diet which is a rapid weight loss temporary diet designed to be used for 30 days.

Before you get to page 1 it says "Please don't be stupid and kill yourself. It would make us both quite unhappy. Consult a doctor before doing anything in this book"
    However, he also consulted over 12 doctors and a study with
    **OP, please read pg. 10 and then the rest of the book!

This really is a good book and I would hate for anyone to disregard it because someone attached Oz's name to it!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That guy still has his license?
    His malpractice insurance is probably absurd.
    Please, save yourself...
  • magj0y
    Options
    That guy still has his license?
    His malpractice insurance is probably absurd.
    Please, save yourself...

**This is not a diet designed by Dr. Oz.
  • tjwoodman
    Options
    Calories in vs Calories out. It really is THAT simple.

Every single "diet" you just listed is total BS. Hope you didnt pay for that awful advice.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    1. Avoid anything Dr. OZ said in the last 2 years - he used to be worth something

2. The four hour body is an extreme way of doing things, not bad perhaps, but you have to pay attention, and may include things that are unsafe. It is not a casual diet that you pick and chose random ideas from. You must know what your health level is, and know your own body and be prepared to work very hard. I would suggest that you are not ready for it at this time.
  • magj0y
    Options
    1. Avoid anything Dr. OZ said in the last 2 years - he used to be worth something

2. The four hour body is an extreme way of doing things, not bad perhaps, but you have to pay attention, and may include things that are unsafe. It is not a casual diet that you pick and chose random ideas from. You must know what your health level is, and know your own body and be prepared to work very hard. I would suggest that you are not ready for it at this time.

^^I wouldn't suggest this to anyone who hasn't read the book and followed the instructions.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the book cover for cover but there's a whole lot of nonsense coming from Ferris's direction.
  • magj0y
    Options
    I haven't read the book cover for cover but there's a whole lot of nonsense coming from Ferris's direction.

^^^Absolutely! There is some weird stuff in there! I have gotten rid of my shinsplints, though.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    The only thing of value here is counting

4! 4 HOURS! AH HA AH AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You do realize that the beans are going to do nothing to your stomach fat right? Although, they may wreck your social life.