How has your life changed since losing the wt--or has it?

Options
124»

Replies

• lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My life hasn't changed, per se. But I do notice that I have had a massive mental shift since losing weight. I don't hate myself as much anymore. I don't think I can't do things. I don't feel trapped by my life. I feel the beginnings of true freedom. And that's what I've noticed. I'm not losing weight to be hot, sexy, attract men, fit into a stereotypical ideal. I finally figured out that I am losing weight to free myself of limitation. Of doubt. And of fear. So that I can go forth and seek my life as I had always imagined. And so that I can embrace new experiences with solace and a wild inner peace. Knowing that I did what a lot of people struggle to do, and that I persevered in the face of what keeps everyone else down. In short. Losing weight makes me feel indomitable and to a lesser extent formidable.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love reading and seeing the success stories here so much. They are even more encouraging to me than you can imagine, your success stories and pics help me to really believe that if you guys can do it...I can too!

That got me to wondering how your life has changed since you've taken off the weight? Even for those who may not have reached their goals yet, but are working on it diligently day by day. Has your life changed, if so how? If not, why not (or why do think it/your life hasn't changed?

My life has changed tremendously. I work for a Sheriff's department along with my husband and we always joke about how I'm treated differently. My husband says I'm extended capability and powers I haven't proven I can give, but for some reason a fit person walking in the room commands respect right off the bat, not fair but true. I went from being an ink blot no one cared about or wanted my opinion, to someone who opinions are sought out and I'm invited to work on some fun missions I was never included in before. I get questions and comments just running errands, at the grocery store, at the feed store, at the hardware store. I'm inspiring people in real life wherever I go and online. My life is quite different now. I'll be running a half marathon and giving a fitness chat at it and many other sports events (invited by the event coordinator of these events). I'm living my dream and very happy.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have 30lbs to reach my 100lbs goal then another 20-30lbs (we'll see, how I feel at a 100lbs loss) but I already find joy in the little things like fitting in a booth without panicking if it is too small and I can fit in a movie theater seat without lifting the arm seat but best of all I feel more like my free spirited self again.

No more doing swauts to stretch out jeans out of the dryer or stretching out t-shirts either ^u^ Before you know it you'll be giving yourself a double look in the mirror like "Hey I remember you!" lol

Best of luck on your journey cupcake!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It's even more difficult for me to eat out or at a friend's place because I can't find out the nutritional info. I can deal with not eating things I didn't like or didn't like how it was cooked, but now I can't even take a bite of food I *like* without having a mental breakdown.

Example: my MIL gave me 2 boxes of slider burgers with buns which I love, but the burgers are in freezer bags with no info so I can't even enjoy one since I don't know what's in it. She thinks I'm spazzing out because she's offering Bad Food, as though I don't eat meat or wheat anymore. If the burgers are one of the types I normally get, I'd be at ease since I know what's in them. It's not her fault. She buys in bulk and freezes portions, so boxes and containers get tossed except for cooking instructions.

In the same vein, it's hard to enjoy food without analyzing it for nutritional info.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i feel a lot more confident.. and just broke a HUGE "Number" wt loss on the scale (outta the 200's) that i havent seen in 6yrs!
    and I feel so good too... down 32 pounds in 4 mo :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I gained alot of leg muscle from heaving my fat self around. Now that 20lbs of it are gone, I'm in the best running shape of my life, even better than before I gained weight to begin with.
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I can shop in way more stores now. This was huge for me, and I just found it out this weekend. For years, I've been stuck in a couple stores that carried 16s and ran large. This weekend a friend and I tried on clothes all over the mall, just to see how our bodies had changed. I can comfortably fit into a 14 just about anywhere -- much easier to find than 16s -- and a 12 at some stores. That might not sound like a huge difference, but it's the difference between "I don't like this store's clothes this season, so I guess I just can't shop," and "I don't like this store's clothes this season... time to check what they have next door." I feel good about how I look for the first time in so, so long, and I know it'll only get better as I keep going.
  • friloux88
    friloux88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good riddance muffintops!

I havn't lost much but it has made a huge difference in my life.
    It's been a long time since I looked at myself in the mirror and... smiled!
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's even more difficult for me to eat out or at a friend's place because I can't find out the nutritional info. I can deal with not eating things I didn't like or didn't like how it was cooked, but now I can't even take a bite of food I *like* without having a mental breakdown.

Example: my MIL gave me 2 boxes of slider burgers with buns which I love, but the burgers are in freezer bags with no info so I can't even enjoy one since I don't know what's in it. She thinks I'm spazzing out because she's offering Bad Food, as though I don't eat meat or wheat anymore. If the burgers are one of the types I normally get, I'd be at ease since I know what's in them. It's not her fault. She buys in bulk and freezes portions, so boxes and containers get tossed except for cooking instructions.

In the same vein, it's hard to enjoy food without analyzing it for nutritional info.
    This! It throws me off so badly if I don't know the nutritional value of my food. On the bright side, it encourages me to cook more.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm more friendly, more confident. Feel better about my clothes and myself. I'm more likely to go out, and be outgoing.

I think I just love myself more, and there's no more time for pity parties!

^ I totally agree with this. As well for me, I am not attracting the "wrong" people into my life. I have accepted myself and all new and wonderful people are now part of my life.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My knees don't hurt near as much!! They thank me everyday!!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't really given it much thought, but my life has changed completely. I feel much better, I am never tired and I have tons of energy. I can keep up with my 3 girls now without huffing and puffing. I don't eat out all the time now, I cook a lot more and eat much better - which means the family eats better too. I don't eat horse size portions either. I used to put down 1500+ calories per meal easy. No way I could do that now.

My entire lifestyle has changed too. I play in several competitive soccer leagues and I joined a kickboxing gym. I run several times a week and doing a 5k is just a warm up. I live in my work out clothes too. That way I can get a run or quick gym visit any time I am not working - plus it's all I have that fits now, all my old clothes fall off me or look like I am wearing a tent.

It's nice getting compliments too. I've lost just enough that anyone that hasn't seen me in a couple months won't even recognize me. Even my wife thought I was someone else this morning when she saw me outside our daughter's class! Those that see me regularly ask fitness and weight loss advice.

And of course the biggest benefit is my health. I used to have crazy high cholesterol and a long history of heart disease in my family. Now everything is right where it should be and I have added years to my life. I used to snore so bad that everyone that heard me thought I had sleep apnea (I probably did!!) and now I don't snore at all. I can actually sleep soundly.

Man, now that I think about it, I could go on and on. I should have done this 10 years ago.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 90lbs altogether and I've been big my entire life so things thought previously impossible are actually happening!
    Going to the store to shop in the non plus size section and feeling great about my outfit, not just acceptable. My health issues have improved dramatically, both physically and mentally! I love helping people get healthy and started a fitness group at work. I've been told I'm inspirational which is mind blowing. Most of all I'm ok with myself and I never thought I'd see that day. (I have a before pic in my profile, your welcome to peak) This hard work is so worth it, its all just amazing really.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not any happier or more confident because I actually had no problems with that in the first place. The biggest changes are after 10 years, I no longer have to take medication to control my blood pressure or acid reflux. It's still weird just being able to go to bed at night without having to worry about remembering to take meds.

After being a fast food junkie all my life (my mom never cooked much when I was a kid), I don't immediately get fast food if I'm out and hungry. In fact, I haven't had fast food/restaurant food in over 4 weeks. I used to have it 2-3 times a week.

Instead of hopping in my car to go to the corner store, I walk. It's only half a mile but before, it seemed exhausting. Now, a mile walk isn't even something I consider exercise.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Such inspirational and encouraging replies you ALL have shared...Thank you ALL so much:flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bump
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    People think I am dying from cancer and are happy when I tell them I'm not.

I guess I am realizing how many people actually care about me.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    People think I am dying from cancer and are happy when I tell them I'm not.

I guess I am realizing how many people actually care about me.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!