I am new can you help support me?

Options
Hey everyone,
I have a VERY stressful life right now and I am working hard to lose the weight, I am 35 have 3 girls and I am married.
We have gone through a lot this last year and so far I am finding working out a great stress relief.

Currently I weight 235 lbs and I am going to the gym 5 days a week but need a lot of help with food. I have stopped drinking soda but still like to snack, I try not to eat any candy but I love chips and smart food white cheddar popcorn. Not great healthy stuff.

So please add me as a friend and help me out. I really need the encouragement. Also if you want to read how I am doing besides here, I am writing a blog also.

http://angellakh3.blogspot.com/

I hope I can help you as well!!

Thanks
Angella

Replies

• darbest
    Options
    Hello Angella,
    Sound like you doing well with the work outs. I am 58 years old and have been dealing with my weight since I was 13. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you were at your goal weight today would you work out five days per week. Slow down and be good to yourself. One step at a time. How tall are You? For me and food, sounds funny but I really do not like to eat much. Tonight I went to Costco and got Muscle Milk to help with the weight lose and I am trying to find something that I can stick with the rest of my life, what is left of it. It makes me so sad to see all these young people on this site with the same issue I had when I was young. My thinking is so different now. This sounds funny but it works, when you go to bed cover up and pretend you are 180 lbs and learn to love yourself. I can lose weight easy, but it is keeping it off is my issue. You're doing great, I am proud of you and I know you will just be find. Please do not put so much pressure there is no rush in getting healthy. God Bless
    Darlene:smile:
  • NatalieDumetz
    Options
    added :)
  • angellakh
    Options
    Hello Angella,
    Sound like you doing well with the work outs. I am 58 years old and have been dealing with my weight since I was 13. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you were at your goal weight today would you work out five days per week. Slow down and be good to yourself. One step at a time. How tall are You? For me and food, sounds funny but I really do not like to eat much. Tonight I went to Costco and got Muscle Milk to help with the weight lose and I am trying to find something that I can stick with the rest of my life, what is left of it. It makes me so sad to see all these young people on this site with the same issue I had when I was young. My thinking is so different now. This sounds funny but it works, when you go to bed cover up and pretend you are 180 lbs and learn to love yourself. I can lose weight easy, but it is keeping it off is my issue. You're doing great, I am proud of you and I know you will just be find. Please do not put so much pressure there is no rush in getting healthy. God Bless
    Darlene:smile:

Thank you so much for that. I love good healthy support
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been at this since April. At first it was pretty hard, but now it's just turned into a habit. I'd recommend getting all of your "trigger" foods that are hard for you to say no out of your home. It's harder to do when you have a family, but what's not good for you is not good for them either. Great job in taking the first steps!
  • maitreyi
    Options
    Hi
    Looks like we're in the same boat -- I just started this today, am 231 lb, 2 little kids and a very busy job. I'm 42, kids are 6 and 2 years and job is very stressful too -- but fun.

I love to exercise, but can never find the time.

My goal is exercise 30 min five days a week and take it from there.

As for food -- that's tough, because I think I eat so well. So the goal right now is to track.

I'm hopeful this will work.
    Good luck to you!

Marti