Hey guys what are burpees classified as in the database?

Options
Circuit training?

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Burpees are not something you can look up and get an accurate result, it depends how you do them, how fast, how hard.An HRM would give you an estimate
  • stargazerlily85
    stargazerlily85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would classify burpees as circuit training.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i dont know many people who could do burpees for a prolonged amount of time without stopping, there if you did them for 10 minutes, you would most likely be stopping in between, therefore logging 10 minutes of circuit training would be a large overestimation. did you do any other stuff with it? i usually do burpees during a weights session, if that was the case i would log it under strength training with everything else.
  • rinnismom
    Options
    oh, those? i think they're located under "psycho mode".

i can't stand those frigging things. :laugh:
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I would actually classify them as calisthenics home moderate effort or vigorous effort depending on your intensity. My reasoning behind this is because calisthenics are push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, etc. anything you would only do for 5 minutes or so or be more focused on the amount of repetitions as opposed to time spent doing them.
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    Burpees make me want to kill myself.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I would actually classify them as calisthenics home moderate effort or vigorous effort depending on your intensity. My reasoning behind this is because calisthenics are push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, etc. anything you would only do for 5 minutes or so or be more focused on the amount of repetitions as opposed to time spent doing them.

^^^^This.
  • closet_fatty
    Options
    LOL, I can't imagine doing them for ten minutes straight. But working them in with my other circuit training seems like a smart move. Thanks guys!
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    oh, those? i think they're located under "psycho mode".

i can't stand those frigging things. :laugh:

LOL! Good one...they are a little bit of evil, for sure! :devil: But yes, my suggestion is to get a good HRM. I often do burpees in either my Bootcamp, Circuit Training or Tabata classes and generally doing burpees gets my HR in the mid 160's to upper 160's, depending on how long we are made to keep doing them! :sad: