Wardrobe Question..............

Options
Ok, So after about a year I have lost my weight & 5 dress sizes, My closet if FULL of clothes that don't fit me anymore. (I am not complaining) However I wonder if I should PURGE my closet, or am I jinxing myself? I was wondering what he rest of you have done? Please share.....:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I don't really believe in jinxing, but instead of getting rid of my clothes all together, I have given some away and others I have stored away at my mom's house.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    One of Dr. Oz's Ten Commandments of Weight Loss is to NOT hold on to your "Fat Pants" as they could give you a crutch to fall back on. As soon as they are no longer of any use to you, get them out of your life. Donate them to charity.
    I take anything that is soft absorbant material and cut it up for rags. Use them to clean the bathroom and burn calories while you do it!:wink:
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    As soon as I got a new item, I purged an item. I only kept the too big stuff till I had enough stuff that fit to actually be dressed in public...LOL! Then I gladly gave it away!
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    every time i get something new i get rid of something old. its a good way to keep the closet organized.
    bag it all and take it to good will .save the receipt, its a tax write off. dont hold onto the old clothes. you lost the weight. good job!
  • vixey2906
    vixey2906 Posts: 30
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss! Im sure it will stay that way! Mine situation is kind of the other wayaround as Ive gained weight recently and want to lose it so maybe you wont want to keep as many of your clothes like I did, but Ive put the ones I dont use in a suitcase, as the suitcase was taking up space in the lost anyway it may as well be filled! Soif you did want to keep some that might be a good way? :)
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    Purge! If you have to get new clothes later on then you do. I'm not a big fan of keeping things that I'm not using. To me, keeping the wardrobe is jinxing yourself. Then you have permission and it's easy to let yourself regain the weight.
  • racermom
    racermom Posts: 36
    Options
    Great Input Everyone! Thank you so much!!!!! Lusadi: You seemed to sum it up the best. GOODBYE FAT PANTS!!!!! WHOOOO-WHOOOOOO!!!!!! What :laugh: a GREAT FEELING!!!!!!
  • boscopup
    boscopup Posts: 20
    Options
    Purge! If you do start to gain any weight back, you will have nothing to wear and be forced to buy something, thus realizing that you're gaining and that you need to change something about your lifestyle again. ;)

The only reason I have ever kept "fat clothes" was because I was still planning pregnancies where I would need something a bit bigger for a while. Now that I've had my last (planned) baby, I've gotten rid of any of those pants that are too big for me now. I don't intend to be that size again! :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congratulations!!! What an amazing accomplishment! Personally, I would hang onto the nicest pieces that I owned that were one size bigger but the rest, GONE! I am inspired by the other comments but to be honest that is what I would or will do.
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    I'm with bosco . . my last pregnancy (twin girls born 7 months ago) was the end of the fat clothes for me. Hundreds if not thousands of dollars of clothing - gone - Goodwill - garbage - whatever. I buy alot of clothes at Goodwill because it's cheaper, the variety is truly endless and I haven't reached my goal weight yet - then maybe I'll buy something really nice off the rack just for me (and the hubby).

I vote purge!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Purge! Donate to goodwill! :tongue:

I do keep one size up pair of jeans to wear to the barn to beat up, then when I drop a size, I rotate. Those get washed and sent to goodwill, then my new "too big" jeans become my barn jeans. :tongue: