Fav proteins for smoothies

Options
Hi!,

Just wanted to get new ideas for protein for smoothies. I met with my nutritional today and she suggested yogurt, even 2 hard boiled eggs (i know, crazy, but she said it's good), keifer and tofu.

What are your favs? I was looking for alternatives to protein powders.

Replies

• mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use all sorts of fruits, then add Greek yogurt or protein powder. Also add spinach along with the fruit.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I add chia seeds, oat bran, bananas, frozen berries, sugar free maple syrup and skim milk I add tsp of cocoa if I want choc , the chia seeds are awesome buy them from the chemist, they go jelly like make a smoothie very smooth xx
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I do use protein powder, but I also add greek yogurt, chia seeds and peanut butter sometimes to beef it up even more.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    ah, chia seeds. about how much do you put in to the smoothies?
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi I put 1 tspn in, I make my breakfast smoothie the night before, 1 tsp chia 1 tsp bran, 1/4 banana 200 MLS skim milk, and leave in fridge overnight they go all jelly like and wizz it up in the morning, there very good for you, high in omega 3 & 6 and protein x
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    cool! yeah i've made my smoothies a couple times the night before and it tasted kinda funny, not sure if it's because of it sitting overnight and the acid and the protein powder/almond milk. either way, yeah i'd like to toss in the chias and change up my smoothies.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    fat free yogurt, skim milk, almond butter, peanut butter, hazelnut butter...
  • MauiPixie
    Options
    I find that If I add the chia seeds first, and let them soak for awhile, then I add the protein powder the shake tastes much better. The powder does better if you don't let it sit too long.