What a difference 5 months can make! (Progress pics)

Options
13»

Replies

• stephaniern21
    Options
    Holy woah... that is incredible!! You've made a remarkable transformation in such little time!! Keep up the great work... very inspirational! :-)
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep it up!
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've been doing similar for roughly the same amount of time as you although I don't do leangains/IF. Keep up the great work!
  • 858Ryan
    858Ryan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! What are your plans going forward? Are you you focusing on maintaining or bulking?
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • minsooky
    Options
    Looking good. Nice to see someone else doing Lean Gains too.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Nice job man!!! Super motivating!!!
  • cjstagg
    cjstagg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! What a HUGE difference! Keep it up.
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump for later to show my Fiance :D your before picture is similar to my fiance now so i want to show him what he can ahieve in 5 months

Thank you for the insperation x
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    What does your before and after weight in the pics dude, and your height?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! Great progress!! Keep it up!
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. This thread is a few weeks old and somehow gained new traction over the last few days and I've gotten some great responses. I appreciate them all. Someone asked my plans going forward: I'm doing a slow bulk to gain muscle while gaining as little fat as possible.
    What does your before and after weight in the pics dude, and your height?

I'm about 5'8, and in the before pictures I'm somewhere between 175-180 and in the after pictures somewhere between 145-150.
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome job.

I find the Lean Gains interesting. When do you fast normally? before going to bed or waking up (assuming you fast around sleeping)?
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • epmck11
    Options
    Awesome job.

I find the Lean Gains interesting. When do you fast normally? before going to bed or waking up (assuming you fast around sleeping)?

I usually go to bed on a relatively full stomach, begin my fast an hour or so before I fall asleep, then continue it through my sleep and in through the morning, so I skip breakfast.

The toughest part of Lean Gains for me is right away in the morning I'm often hungry, but I'll drink a couple cups of coffee and usually sip on a Powerade Zero (or whatever zero calorie drink of your preference) and forget all about my hunger and it usually goes away. Too often when people are hungry they turn right to food when I think zero calorie liquids will help your hunger just as much. Staying busy and active during the fast helps you forget about food too. It takes a few days to get used to, but it really becomes pretty easy after a while. I doubt I could have lost as much fat as I have without it.
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! You look so good and healthy. Quite the inspiration!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated. Makes sense as you are telling your body to hit your fat stores for energy during the am fast. I am thinking about doing the same but in the PM - like stop eating after 6. Maybe brush and floss early. Probably against the grain of the website recommendations but I really enjoy my breakfast.

Do you exercise on an empty stomach during your AM fast? Also, when you are at your goal will you start eating in the AM or continue the AM fast? Sorry for the questions - I did visit the website but not a fan of the blog style. Amazing how his beliefs go against current wisdom but if you compared today's wisdom to 15 years ago....
  • epmck11
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated. Makes sense as you are telling your body to hit your fat stores for energy during the am fast. I am thinking about doing the same but in the PM - like stop eating after 6. Maybe brush and floss early. Probably against the grain of the website recommendations but I really enjoy my breakfast.

Do you exercise on an empty stomach during your AM fast? Also, when you are at your goal will you start eating in the AM or continue the AM fast? Sorry for the questions - I did visit the website but not a fan of the blog style. Amazing how his beliefs go against current wisdom but if you compared today's wisdom to 15 years ago....

You can fast in the evening if you prefer. I think most people find it easier to fast in the mornings, but I don't think the timing of when you choose to fast makes a big difference.

I sometimes workout fasted, sometimes don't. I think it's good to stay active in the fasted state (when you're not sleeping), but if an empty stomach negatively affects your workouts, I don't think it's worth it. Up to personal preference, I guess.

As far as weight loss, I've reached my goals, and I'm currently trying to bulk and put on muscle weight. I continue to do intermittent fasting though because I think it helps my chances of ensuring that the weight I gain will be muscle and not fat. I sometimes "cheat" though and don't always go 16 hours fasting. I don't set my alarm clock or anything to let me know when it's been 16 hours. I'll sometimes go 12 or 14 hours. I was stricter about my 16 hour fasts when I was trying to lose weight though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!