Women who lift on 1800-2000 calories

Options

Replies

• kirstyg1980
    Options
    Hi
    I have just starting to weight lift and I'm only eating aroun 1400 cals a day, going by most of you guys I reckon that I might have to up them:smile:

yip up your cals

I've been lifting for 6 months and also IF eat between 1800 - 2400 depending on rest/workout days

trying to get back into logging what I eat though x
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    Excellent ladies! Anyone feel free to friend me as well. I am a figure competitor and live for my weights! I log every single day, and every single thing that goes into my mouth. I eat 1800-2000 calories a day. I have been building slowly for five months at this level (slowly raising it). Good luck to all!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Maintain around 2000 for the last 6 mths, 14% BF and been lifting for a long time. Started to try and eat around 2200 on lifting days.
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have sent friend request. I just started yesterday with a 1979 target and lift 5 days a week, my diary is open for you to view :)
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. :)

I eat around 2500 each day and lift about 3/4 times a week. My scale is currently rising at the moment but don't seem to be doing much expanding so hoping bodyfat isn't going up. Trying to ignore the scale as much as possible though. Nice to have others as friends who are eating more and concentraing more on lifting rather than the scale.

Anyone else feel free to add me. :)
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request!

I am training for my first figure competition and lift heavy 7 days a week plus cardio (i still have fat to lose). I try and eat at least 1700 cals a day. You can bet on anywhere between 1200 and 2400 though - i try and listen to my body as well as eat as needed. I log consistently and daily and am always on.

Any other ladies on here feel free to add me as welll! I love to see people with similar goals and eating plans on my friends list!!!!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    So cool of you guys - thanks everyone! Really looking forward to learning from you all!

I lost on 1800-2000, but without regard for protein, and it's interesting trying to manage food/hunger/abs!
  • anemoneprose
    Options
    Lol. Actually, would appreciate some input... For body composition goals, the advice I've seen is to cut until you're 19-23% bf, and then bulk. Or, to look at pics and ask, "would I look better with more muscle or less fat?" Which is ok, except we're not always the best ones to judge. Plus if you're at the low end of healthy weight (I'm 5'7, 124-128 lbs), cutting's, maybe, kind of a bad/impossible idea.

I reckon I'm at around 23-5% - there's still a fair bit of squishy stuff around thighs and belly, which you can't see til I do a push-up, or feel til you grab it. Does that sound about right? Have added pics to profile if anyone's got time/inclination to look. (I wouldn't want to go lower than probably 20%, at my age.)
  • anemoneprose
    Options
    I'm doing beginner lifting.. I've been eating a little less than you, but am starting to increase as I increase my weight.

Does anyone know if I can adjust my diary to reflect the calories I'm aiming for instead of the ones assigned by MFP?

Yup, go to the 'My Home' tab, then 'Goals', and select 'Change goals' :)
  • HiyaDee
    Options
    I'm a gym rat and former competitor. I try hard to get in about 100 gr protein and if you don't love chicken - gotta come from shakes! I have tried them all and love a couple. The most success I've had is when I cook 2x's a week and put meals in containers to bring in a cooler. There is always a micro somewhere. I have about 15lb I want to strip off .....AGAIN. Took my eye off the radar over the summer full of fun! Fortunately I've not missed my workouts....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm already friends with the OP, but to anyone else who's looking for friends who lift and eat, I am doing NROL4W currently and eat between 2000-2200 cal/day, 100-150g protein, and have an open diary.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    I reckon I'm at around 23-5% - there's still a fair bit of squishy stuff around thighs and belly, which you can't see til I do a push-up, or feel til you grab it. Does that sound about right? Have added pics to profile if anyone's got time/inclination to look. (I wouldn't want to go lower than probably 20%, at my age.)

IDK you don't look any higher than 23% to me. We are around the same height and weight and I'm at about 19% I think but I can see that I have a bit more leg muscle than you (hooray for 14 years of serious dancing). Have you tried using measurements and an online calculator?
  • anemoneprose
    Options

IDK you don't look any higher than 23% to me. We are around the same height and weight and I'm at about 19% I think but I can see that I have a bit more leg muscle than you (hooray for 14 years of serious dancing). Have you tried using measurements and an online calculator?

Really? Thanks for looking :) Well, there's an army BF calculator that says I'm at 21% ("You meet the Department of Defense goal"); others have put me at around 24. TBH, I think you're right, close to 23ish on top, but at least 25% at the thighs. If I go too low, I'll look like I have some kind of wasting disease.

Definitely need more leg development! What kind of dance did/do you do, that's great! (I'm a fan of contemporary stuff, appreciate it all)

Also - you look frigging wicked :) (do people still say wicked? I do, lol)
  • anemoneprose
    Options
    I'm a gym rat and former competitor. I try hard to get in about 100 gr protein and if you don't love chicken - gotta come from shakes! I have tried them all and love a couple. The most success I've had is when I cook 2x's a week and put meals in containers to bring in a cooler. There is always a micro somewhere. I have about 15lb I want to strip off .....AGAIN. Took my eye off the radar over the summer full of fun! Fortunately I've not missed my workouts....

Another amazing looking woman! Thanks for the tips :) I'm so-so on chicken, but working on it...
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I eat around 1800 on the weekdays and usually stuff my face on the weekends, so my diary is a little up and down. Lift heavy 3x a week and cardio the other days. So far, I'm totally happy with my results. Weight is the same, but body fat is going down!

btw, I think you look great!
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Huh..Thinking I'm not eating enough based on what you ladies are saying.....I am trying to lift 2-3X a week plus maintain 3 days of Cardio, I have found that I have been exhausted the last week. Perhaps it's not enough calories??? Not enough protein??? Way to go to all of you though!
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    So ladies i am lifiting 3x a week and cardio 3x a week. I eat about 1500-2000 cals a day. I have lost quite a bit on inches and a few lbs (around 10). I need some advice on how to loose more weight, i know i am building muscle and things are shrinking but i have about 20lbs to loose, suggestions,advice, freinds etc would be greatly appericated!:wink:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options

Really? Thanks for looking :) Well, there's an army BF calculator that says I'm at 21% ("You meet the Department of Defense goal"); others have put me at around 24. TBH, I think you're right, close to 23ish on top, but at least 25% at the thighs. If I go too low, I'll look like I have some kind of wasting disease.

Definitely need more leg development! What kind of dance did/do you do, that's great! (I'm a fan of contemporary stuff, appreciate it all)

Also - you look frigging wicked :) (do people still say wicked? I do, lol)

I did ballet and pointe, tap, and jazz from age 3-17. However, I haven't really done any dance since then, with the exception of Zumba classes here and there. I think most of the muscle was from ballet (which pretty much boils down to squats and lunges in pretty tights lol). I was actually pleasantly surprised to find it was all still there, buried under 7 years of fat.

ETA: Thanks :-) I still say wicked, so I'm going to go with yes lol
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    So ladies i am lifiting 3x a week and cardio 3x a week. I eat about 1500-2000 cals a day. I have lost quite a bit on inches and a few lbs (around 10). I need some advice on how to loose more weight, i know i am building muscle and things are shrinking but i have about 20lbs to loose, suggestions,advice, freinds etc would be greatly appericated!:wink:

If you are losing weight and inches, I say just keep doing what you're doing. You will probably lose slower than people who are only doing cardio, but you'll look better for it.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I lift and eat about that amount. Feel free to add. My diary is open.

I try to lift four days a week, but it doesn't always work out like that. I'm on my fourth cycle of 5/3/1, and I have seen the strength gains. I'm working on gaining mass, too. I'm not worried about the fat. From caliper measurements, I believe I have added about three pounds to my lean body mass this year.