Protein

Just a quick question. . .I notice that this site recommends a lot lower value of protein than I'm consuming or that other sites recommend. Have I been consuming too much protein daily? Could that have led to my recent weight gain?

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Probably not. You can change the amount of protein MFP allows in your goal settings.

People don't gain weight from eating too much protein they gain weight as a result of consuming more calories than they burn.
  • Christineab
    Christineab Posts: 28 Member
    Probably not. You can change the amount of protein MFP allows in your goal settings.

People don't gain weight from eating too much protein they gain weight as a result of consuming more calories than they burn.

true statement!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I have my macros set as 50/25/25 on 1800 calories which nets me 117 grams of protein. For me, 117 grams is slightly more than 1 gram per pound of lean body mass, which is a pretty good rule of thumb.
  • whyldebear
    whyldebear Posts: 28 Member
    glad youve asked this as i am always well over on what my protein is im guessing from this i dont have to worry about it which is reassuring.

thanks