• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9"

Would love to get to 140
    Will be content with 150
  • corpulentqt
    Options
    I have a pretty small frame, so around 130.
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and right now I am 147-148. I would like to get down to 145 (maybe even 140) but then start adding some muscle back to my frame.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5'9" and my goal weigth is anywhere between 170lbs-175lbs.
  • ceejay1982
    Options
    im 5-9 and aim to weigh around 11.7-11.10 I play football and have a high % of lean muscle. The lowest ive been in years is 11.7 and I did it in an unhealthy way hoping to get there from 13.2 in the correct manner. I wouldn't suit much lower I think but will review if I ever get to 11.7!!
  • Derbunny
    Options
    I'm shooting for 160, but if I get lower than that, I'd be happy. I'm about 5'9"/5'9"1/2 :)
  • cogp
    cogp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 9. I have very small bones. For most of my life I naturally stayed between 130-140. Six years ago I had a health problem that caused my weight to sky rocket in just a few month to 228. I"m slowly coming down--I'm now at 189. I think I will probably go to about 150. Who knows, maybe I'll shoot for 140, although people often said I looked too thin. The weight is coming off faster with fitbit.
  • babymamahowell
    Options
    I'm 5'9", larger frame and my goal is 175, that is what I was on the day of my wedding and I feel that looked good on me. Now two kids later I want to get back there and see how it looks, MFP says 167 for the high end of my BMI
  • minsooky
    Options
    I don't necessarily have a goal weight per se, but I do have a goal body fat % in mind, around 20%. Usually at that BF % I weigh in the 140s-150s and I'm 5'9''.
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my ideal weight is between 140-150.
  • vcp214
    vcp214 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is between 155-160, I'm currently 162 (my profile pic is me at 167).
  • rcclarke22
    Options
    I'm almost 5'9" and currently weigh 163 (down from 187.) I am really unhappy with my body right now, I am pear shaped and I think this much weight looks very unhealthy on me.

My first goal is 145, but I think ultimately I would like to be muscular 135. However I have never been a thin person so we'll see how it goes. I just want a flat stomach and thighs that don't touch! Is that too much to ask for!? :)
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm 5'9" and am currently 163-165 depending on the day. My goal is 150. (I have a big belly, and thighs).
    Hope it helps.
    Good luck getting to your goal!
  • bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    According to the BMI scale, I would need to be 159-169 but I am aiming for 175 in the end. I haven't been under 200 in about 15 years and would really like just to see 199 on my scale too. Ultimate goal: 175 or less. Current goal: 230 (my pre-prego weight). Current weight: 247-250 (varies on day).
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and weigh 134. My goal is 129. I wear a size 4.
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body frame and how much muscle you carry. I'm 5'8.5" and I look good at 190. When I get down to 180-170, I start to look a little sickly. I build muscle pretty quickly, so even though the number in the scale says one thing, my body looks another. My goal is to get down to a healthy weight/BMI. What the number will be will be determined by medical and visual factors...not necessarily the scale. I used the scale as a guage of my progress, not my success.

I am also 5'8.5" and am now down to 182. I want to go to the high 160s. And as others said, it does depend on your build...I have a fairly boyish figure...not big up front, not really curvy, thinner legs, so I think mid 160s is a definite for me. If you are curvy/large chested, you may be able to be a bit higher and feel good at that weight.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 155, just a few more to go.

You would be my twin! I am also 5'9 and aiming for 155....I was 150 before I got pregnant so initially that was my goal but, honestly...Now I'm 158 and feeling so good...if I can hover around 155...I'm very happy with that......
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I would like to get down to 160, and see how i look. I would love to be 140, but I think i have to big of a frame for that. Back in the day (high school). I got down to 120 (which I thought was great), but my friends thought I looked sick. I didn't lose weight the most healthy way, didn't eat hardly anything and ran 2 miles a day. The weight dropped fast. Right now I am setting a goal to be under 200 by Jan 1st, currently I am at 214. Baby steps I guess.
  • britishbcat
    Options
    I'm a hair under 5'9 and my goal is 150. In the past that is where I have maintained easily, and felt good. I have been at 145, but that's on the lean side almost 10 years ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!