NSV!!! Very Proud

Options
tay_913
tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
I started the couch 2 5K plan the beginning of October and tonight I was set to do Week 6, Day 2 which is a 5 minute walk followed by a 10 minute run, 3 minute walk, 10 minute run. I am proud to say that I can offically run 10 minutes straight. It may not sound like a lot to some people but it is a big accomplishment for me. It was hard for me to run 60 seconds in the beginning and now I'm 10 minutes and ready to push myself to do more and complete the program.

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You rock! Congrats on your accomplishment.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Well done xxx keep going :)
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A 10 minute run is HUGE! Good for you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am so impressed by your hard work, and just a little envious. Good going.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I did W4D1 yesterday and didn't make it through the 6 minute run so I understand how happy and how proud of yourself you must be!
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So great.

I just started last week, so its good to hear that its "do-able'. W2D2 for me!!
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So amazing!! Starting my C25K challenge soon!! Thanks for sharing your success with it!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That is my next goal to do the c25K program when I am done with the 30dayshred! You really encourage me since you have had such great progress with it!
  • momjeannes
    Options
    I think that's a huge accomplishment. I know I couldn't do 10 minutes. Good for you!!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You should be proud!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    That's great!! You and I are in about the same spot on that app :) Congrats and keep up the good work!!
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! Way to go, girly! Keep runnin'! I remember how hard it was at the beginning! It gets better and better!!!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I say WHOOT!!! Running 10 minutes straight is amazing!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :) I literally cried the first time I jogged a mile because I was so happy/overwhelmed. 10 minutes is a huge accomplishment when you're coming from base zero - good for you :drinker:
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • JMStockman1979
    Options
    Way to go! It's a tough thing to do, but it will get easier!

I remember a couple of years ago when I was finally able to jog/run for the first time in about 11 years. I had injured my knees in the ARMY, and had gained weight after having a baby; it was almost impossible for me to do anything like that. Finally, when I could run again, I cried and cried because I was so happy just to be able to do a quarter of a mile. And still, any time I get my shoes on to run or jog, I just know it's hard work, but it's a wonderful feeling to be able to do it at all.

So proud of you! You're doing great!
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    Congratulations! That is very difficult to do so great NSV.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!