THANKSGIVING

Options
13»

Replies

• kathijen
    kathijen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the holiday and then get back on track the next day
    Seems to be the most healthy option! Enjoy!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    But are you logging? I'm thinking am I going to ask them to save every food wrapper and write down every ingredient they used so I can log as close as possible- a stick of butter as opposed to using applesauce for baking for example makes a huge calorie and fat difference. I wish MFP just had a Thanksgiving option in the food items lol. :ohwell:

Honestly as someone who hosts Thanksgiving and is so busy to eat all day long until the actual meal and barely take time to pee, if a guest asked to keep all wrappers (I try to keep my kitchen as clean and the least cluttered as possible during the process) and asked me to write down ingredients, which I don't have time for, I would tell them to host it themselves next time! Sorry, just being honest. Be accountable for yourself. Make smart decisions, if you can tell it's loaded with cream or butter take a very small portion or none at all.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not going to log. Just make the 'better' choices, go to the gym in the a.m. and don't over-indulge. I was curious to know what everyone else's plans were and now I feel better about my choice. AND no PIE!! But if there are chocolatey sugary treats I will definetly have a taste or 2. :love:
  • All4Norma
    All4Norma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I log a guesstimate beforehand and make sure I eat a bit less the days before and after so I can indulge and have a stress free holiday. Good luck to you and happy thanksgiving!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    But are you logging? I'm thinking am I going to ask them to save every food wrapper and write down every ingredient they used so I can log as close as possible- a stick of butter as opposed to using applesauce for baking for example makes a huge calorie and fat difference. I wish MFP just had a Thanksgiving option in the food items lol. :ohwell:

Honestly as someone who hosts Thanksgiving and is so busy to eat all day long until the actual meal and barely take time to pee, if a guest asked to keep all wrappers (I try to keep my kitchen as clean and the leasr cluttered as possible during the process) and asked to my write down ingredients, which I don't have time for, I would tell them to host it themselves next time! Sorry, just being honest. Be accountable for yourself. Make smart decisions, if you can tell it's loaded with cream or butter take a very small portion or none at all.

I'm with you, Aly.

I might laugh in someone's face for that one. And no way in hell.
  • Sherbare63
    Sherbare63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been only eating 1000 calories a day this week before thanksgiving so that I can have some extra calories that day. I will just eat whatever I want in moderation. My plan was to also exercise more for more calories but I pulled a muscle in my back so that is not possible. ;-(