-16lbs in one week????

Options
Ok so i do not have my hopes up that this is correct.....but i have just weighed myself on the same scales at the same spot in the same house 6 days after my last weigh in and I am down 16LBS!!!! I was 298 last week??

Is that even possible without me dying? I have been doing turbofire 6 days a week, clean eatning and having 2 cups of green tea a day. I can reall really feel it on my body but still im really not sure????

Anyone else had this? and its been true??

Thanks xx

Replies

• RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wish that could happen to me! I haven't had this experience myself but on The Biggest Loser it happens all the time in the first week after making a drastic change. Just be prepared for a much smaller loss next week as your body adjusts.
  • theriddler79
    theriddler79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on the weight loss. I think every body is different. I've recently lost 10 pounds in 10 days. I made a drastic change in my diet and work out and I think that's what did it. It sounds like you've made some changes as well. Congrats.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I cant see why it wouldnt be true. If you have been eating well, working out and drinking green tea (which is a fat burner) then I say its true! Congrats!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    If you are in your first week(s) and you have a substantial amount of weight to lose then it is very possible and quite normal to lose a large chunk - I lost about the same in my first weeks. Eventually it will settle down, and assuming you are feeding yourself enough to fuel those workouts, keep going steadily downward. Don't expect to see 16lbs every week but you will see higher numbers for a little while :)
  • BrokenButterfly
    Options
    Believe it, sweetie! You are worth every ounce of effort you've put into it!
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Water loss, but yes it is possible. Some of it was probably fat as well but definitely not the whole 16 pounds. That would require a 56,000 calorie deficit for the week. And congratulations. :)
    Loss is loss. Just make sure to focus more on health/body composition rather than the scale as they are not all going to be 16 pound weeks.
    :wink:
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :& yes it is possible. You are able to drop that much weight because you have a significant amount of weight to lose. Just enjoy it!!! :) It will not last long!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think that as a bigger person starting out, you will see higher losses in the first couple of weeks. Like some else said, be prepared for that week when you lose only 2 or none at all. I know I lost 7 in my first week and then it went to 1 or 1.5 then none. Just don't be discouraged or disappointed when it happens.
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes it can happen! I lost 13 in a week. Congrats!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    The simplest explanation is probably the most likely
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Haven't you ever seen the biggest loser? It is totally possible....it is mostly water you lost (I am guessing you did a major diet overhaul and cut out a lot of the sodium) but it is still a loss. That is awesome! I do imagine it will slow down in the next few weeks but don't get discouraged!
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I think that as a bigger person starting out, you will see higher losses in the first couple of weeks. Like some else said, be prepared for that week when you lose only 2 or none at all. I know I lost 7 in my first week and then it went to 1 or 1.5 then none. Just don't be discouraged or disappointed when it happens.
    Hehe. True stuff. I now only show a loss about once a month, but luckily I am tracking measurements and bf% and thus know I am still making progress, even when the scale doesn't budge.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That's very motivating, isn't it? I've heard it's possible, but the most I've ever lost in a week was 5 pounds years ago. My starting weight was lower, though.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Believe it when it "sticks". See how your loss goes over the next few weeks.
  • brendalavonna
    Options
    A few years back I did lose 20 lbs in one week. Went from 298 to 278. I weighed on the same scale at the same time. I think it was water weight mostly but it did happen just that once.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Never had that size of a weight loss! I have lost 9 in a week but that was when I first started trying to lose! Weigh again in the next few days and see! :)
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds my first week... I figure it was mostly sodium/water/bloat?? But I don't really care that it wasn't all fat because it was still really motivating!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is awesome!! Keep up the good work!!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    When you first get into a routine, you're going to lose a ton of weight. A lot of it is water weight. It will gradually slow down, but the more you weigh the faster it's going to come off. Very awesome that you've exercised almost every day for the past week, and it sounds like you're eating well!! Keep it up!! What a great start!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    If you see it - it's true! Congrats! Keep it up!