Alli

Options
Is anyone using Alli? What do you think of it. I am considering trying it and was wondering if anyone had any reports about it.
Thanks

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    DONNTTTTT DO ITTT! I've never tried it but my friend did...it makes you leak...from your bum. They tell you to wear a pad all the time. I guess it's only when you eat something greasy( I think but it may be when you eat period) Thats gross. lol
  • pcaseyco
    pcaseyco Posts: 8
    Options
    I heard you better be carrying around a couple of changes of clothes with you if you're using it. Read the info on their website at one point and decided I wasn't going to punish myself for eating something "bad" which it appears that stuff does.

I just started trying to make healthier choices and watch my portions better and doing some exercise and I'm loosing weight still even though I splurge once a week with chinese food or pizza, difference is I only eat a very small amount of rice and I started ordering my Pizza on wheat crust and found I actually like it better.
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    they have never found anything safe yet for weght loss ...do it normally please . I had a friend use it and almost died. If ther was a magical way to lose weight noone would be overweight ....
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    they have never found anything safe yet for weght loss ...do it normally please . I had a friend use it and almost died. If ther was a magical way to lose weight noone would be overweight ....

That's what I keep telling myself. That if it were that easy....then everyone would be skinny! I just have to stop being lazy and do it the healthy way.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have also heard about the issues with "leakage". I think it is caused whenever you eat too much fat at one meal. I don' t know if that means just saturated fats or all fats. Seems to me that for Alli to work and to not have side effects you have to alter your diet. Might as well just alter your diet and not take Alli and save your self some possible embarassing side effects. As well as any future health issues because of it!
  • sachs
    sachs Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses. Pretty scary stuff. Thanks again.
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hi

I tried it last year, and what a waste of money. The issues with leakage occur if you eat something that has a large amount of fat in it. Say for instance you eat a Pizza or Indian then the leakage is ..........oh boy !! and the smell :glasses: If you eat food with slightly high fat content you can see it come out - stains the toilet and leaves a residue. NOT nice.
    Any weight loss is probably down to the fact you are eating healthily not the tablets- Save your money

Karen
    x
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I used to work as a Pharmacy Tech and I asked the Pharmacists about this since we would get this question alot. Basically, any fatty foods you consume just come right out. And yes, oily leakage and "accidents" are common. It also is not at all effective for people who eat a good diet.
  • jbbearden
    Options
    I am taking Alli and have lost 14 lbs in 5 weeks. As long as you track your food calories and fat intake and don't go over your allowed fat grams per day, you shouldn't have any problems. I have gone over my fat grams a couple of times and have had oily stools, but usaually only for a day or 2 then I'm fine. For results you do have to exersice too. Keep in mind, this is not for everyone. Check out their website at www.myalli.com and read some of the stories. For the fist several days you may be peeing a lot as you lose water weight. If you do decide to use it, I highly recommend that you follow the plan as closely as possible and don't go over your fat grams. Good luck!:smile:
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I'd suggest reading the actual customer reviews from another website (i.e Amazon, etc)... NOT their own website! Of course Alli's website will post success stories:) As many others have said if you watch your fat intake, calories, and exercise you'll loose weight... it's not from the pills.