after eating too much last night, what do i do today?

Options
Hey guys

I'm 5'4 woman at 117 pounds eating around 1200 a day- I eat back all my exercise calories. I recently had a binge where I consumed a day's worth of calories of processed "junk" food, last night after already eating my day's worth of calories. Would fasting for the day be wise, or should I eat like a normal day and take the 1000+ extra calories? I logged the binge as my breakfast for today, and my diary is open :blushing:

Replies

• KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eat what you normally eat, forgive yourself and jump right back on.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, if i can i'd like to make it so I keep a deficit for this week, so those calories are going to hurt my goal, yes?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Well, if i can i'd like to make it so I keep a deficit for this week, so those calories are going to hurt my goal, yes?

No. Never do that. Today is a new day, just move forward.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary but you can probably still average it over the week. Through exercise and very slight deficits on other days. Your weekly average is what counts the most anyway, even if your weekly average is slightly above goal, you're still well under maintenance and it won't really set you back.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

I feel like this method is like punishing yourself day after day for one mistake. It follows you until you feel like you've "atoned" for your diet sin. Move on, be healthy from here, and keep going. This isn't the end of the world.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Looks like i'll just try to spread that deficit over every day until the end of the week :]
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    A lot of people cycle calories, have high and low days. If you had a high day yesterday, take a low day today.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I spread out days where I eat over my cals, but I spread it out so it really only keeps me from eating about 100cals a day if this makes any sense. I don't want to try to make it up in one or two days because the deficit for that day would be HUGE and that can just lead to more binging episodes from getting so hungry.

Like the Star Crunches I devoured at the beginning of last week got spread out over almost a week and that way I could still eat a filling amount of food without feeling tired or hungry all the time.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You are already eating fairly low so I would just move on from it and not cut much else from your daily totals. Sure, our bodies don't go on a 24 hour clock but at your size I would say your body can more than handle the extra calories. At your height and weight, 1200 is barely BMR let alone TDEE. I'm the same size as you (height and weight) and with a moderate level of activity, my TDEE is 1950. My vote would be to enjoy the treats and keep going as any other day.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    A lot of people cycle calories, have high and low days. If you had a high day yesterday, take a low day today.

i do this to accomodate for high calorie days.

however, the OP is already on a 1200 calorie diet as it is. eating 1200 calories for one day WOULD be a low calorie day in response to a high calorie day for me.

so, to the OP: just get back to your normal thing.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'd get right back into the routine and try to forget it ever happened. I wouldn't want to end up in a binge then starve cycle.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Just start over. Workout, eat your calories for the day and sort of pretend yesterday never happened. However, learn from yesterday.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Poop. Poop with all of your might.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I hardly consider that a "binge".

Forgive and forget. Move on. It's OK!!!
  • iainhawthorn
    iainhawthorn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eat normally, increase your exercise and burn off the number of extra calories you consumed over the next six days - it's empowering and you feel back in control, motivated and will see no negative impact against your target for the week. Beware of a 'bounce, in weight gain - it's only glycogen that holds 3x it's weight in water. It will take 2/3 days to drop to normal.

Stay focused!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Forget it and move on! Get back to behaving today :)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Eat normal
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Confess the binge if you feel like it but move on. If you'd like we can assign you a penance exercise or two.

I tend to go "meh, will be better tomorrow" and then go for a penance run.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Forget the binge happened and do better today. Do not dwell on the past.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No, learn from it and eat better today. Don't fast or you'll likely just go into, "eat all the food," mode again.