30 Day Shred

Options
Woo I have just finished level 1 of the shred! I am soooo proud of myself as I have never exercised in my life! I can already feel and see the difference in my body :D

Replies

• justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    great job! keep it up:)
  • Chiller61
    Options
    Hi,

Just wondering, how do you figure out the calories burned for that workout?
  • thesimonebaby
    thesimonebaby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just log it as circuit training. But to get an accurate reading you need a heart rate monitor
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am just 3 days from level 3 and I can't wait! Good for you for finishing level 1!
  • acdcstar
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred is a workout video by Jillian Michaels. She works wonders I am on week two day 6.
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • shell22holmes
    Options
    Hi,

There was another post regarding this stating that they had figured 1.11 calories for every pound you weigh,
    Example : 150lbs x 1.11 = 166.5 calories burned doing the 30Ds
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am doing it 3 times a week. Last week I did level 1, this week I am on level 2. next week, I will do again level 2 or 3 if I can manage.

Are you doing it everyday? I feel great after the exercice and I sweat a lot. I like it.
  • spoons81
    spoons81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I found all 3 levels on YouTube, along with some other great Jillian videos! I own the DVD also, but YouTube may be a good start for those of you looking to try it out. She's tough - especially at 5AM which is when I work out... :grumble:
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have 2 more days of level 2. I haven't done it 30 days straight, I ran 2 5K races in the past month so I had training for that as well. Level 2 and the planks are killer, but my body is thanking me!! Can't wait for Level 3! Keep it up ladies!!!
  • Chiller61
    Options
    greta idea - thanks!
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I have done it before.. you are going to love how your body looks after you finish all levels!
  • hanbax012
    hanbax012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of level 2, as much as I'm enjoying it, I'm looking forward to finishing ;-)
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 - really dislike level 2 LOL!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I used to use "Calisthenics, Vigorous Effort" when tracking the 30 Day Shred videos, then once I moved on to the Ripped in 30 videos, I bought a heart monitor. I burn an average of 300 calories doing JM's workouts.
    Hi,

• MonaMa
    MonaMa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How long did you do level one? I just started doing this video, day 2. I'm really sore and its kicking my butt yet I'm really excited to see the results. I'm not sure how to determine when I'm ready for the next level.
  • traciemc
    traciemc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 3 :) I did a total of 10 days each of level 1 and level 2, even if I didn't do it every day and it therefore took me longer than 10 days to complete each level.

I plan to move onto either Ripped in 30, or repeat 30DS once I'm finished. I would actually be curious to go back to level 1 and see how easy it is now.

Have lost over 6 inches so far, and have so much more definition in my shoulders and upper arms! I'm loving it - hard but definitely effective :)

I forgot to say - MonaMa - bear with it. The soreness is worst in level one, and you will probably find that by day 4 the soreness is gone, or mostly gone. The first 2 or 3 days of each level are the worst for muscle pain, and I found that only level 1 had me really, really sore. I haven't been particularly sore at all over the first few days of level 3 (apart from some pressure soreness in my butt and pubic bone from the situps and superman's)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi Mona,

I just started day 2 level 1 today. JM is kicking my butt, too. I am struggling to get through the dvd as I am out of shape. I am going to do it for the 30 days and see what results I get from it even if I stay in level 1 the whole time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!