TurboFire (Beachbody)

Options
13»

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I love TurboFire! I have been at it for about 2 months now. I enjoy each workout. I believe that I will come back to these workouts again and again since I enjoy doing them so much.

Just be patient with yourself the first couple of weeks, until you get the routines down. But once you do, you will find yourself powering through each workout!

Good Luck!
  • almartini11
    Options
    I have been doing turbofire for 2 months now and I LOVE it! If any of you ladies doing it too want to add me, I would love that. :-) I am looking for all the support I can get and love getting inspired by others. Turbo is amazing, no two ways about it! I wasn't losing at first, but I think that's because I was gaining muscle. Once I started losing some of the fat, the muscles I am starting to see underneath are great. Don't be discouraged if at first you're not losing a lot, I was "chiseling from within" - I still have a lot more to go but it's wonderful. She does a lot of side to side stuff which is great for the waistline and where I notice the most change.

The DVDs come with a schedule, and what I have found to be really motivating is to do the program by the schedule. I post it on the wall near the TV, and I love putting a big 'ole fat black "X" on the workouts as I go along. Once they stack up it motivates you to keep going.

I didn't do the new to class workouts, but I did kind of fast forward through them, and if I saw something complicated ("say what?") I would stop and do the moves. After about a month and a half in, I got weighted gloves as well. Talk about a butt kicker! My gloves are at 5 lbs (2.5 lbs on each) and it's funny that its so tiring because I am pretty sure I used to have that on my arms anyways.

Chalene is motivating, I do "music fired up" where you can still hear her but the music is louder. I find that more motivating. If anyone is doing TF and wants to add me please feel free :-) She's funny too, "boom I got your boyfriend" - like she knew that every woman has a little bit of that in her ;-) haha

Have fun!!! I am really excited for you!!!!!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I LOVE turbo fire! I will admit it's a bit to get use to as far as the combo's are concerned. I Found for myself that the "intro" workouts were a bit to drug out and I did better to just go into the regular workouts. Oh but you can get very addicted to it. I just finished insanity and all I can think of is how much I miss turbo fire! lol. ENJOY it! Follow your schedule and you will do great. ( I dropped about 25lbs doing Turbo FIre!!)

Since you have done both Turbo Fire and Insanity, how would you compare them? excercises similiar? one harder/difficult then other? I am currently doing my second round of insanity and will be finished right before Christmas. I would LOVE to try Turbo Fire, but did't know if it would be "too easy" or "boring" compared to insanity. THANKS!!
  • Sjudit84
    Sjudit84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I LOVE turbo fire! I will admit it's a bit to get use to as far as the combo's are concerned. I Found for myself that the "intro" workouts were a bit to drug out and I did better to just go into the regular workouts. Oh but you can get very addicted to it. I just finished insanity and all I can think of is how much I miss turbo fire! lol. ENJOY it! Follow your schedule and you will do great. ( I dropped about 25lbs doing Turbo FIre!!)

Since you have done both Turbo Fire and Insanity, how would you compare them? excercises similiar? one harder/difficult then other? I am currently doing my second round of insanity and will be finished right before Christmas. I would LOVE to try Turbo Fire, but did't know if it would be "too easy" or "boring" compared to insanity. THANKS!!

I know you didn't ask me but if you don't mind, I will share my views:

Turbo F: Music is great, and it is a bit like a party Insanity: More like an athletic training, training to be Rocky (LOL), music isn't that important

Turbo F: Chalene is crazy but I know not everyone might like her personality, she is really motivating though and positive
    Insanity: Sean T is doing the WO with you and motivating you but a bit more "tough love"-style (Gangnam style LOL sorry)

Turbo F: More dancy parts, although there is jumping around, not as much plyo as in Insanity which has a loooot more plyo

Turbo F: Tires me out but in an energetic way, I kinda feel high afterwards INsanity: I felt wiped out and really tired afterwards and sometimes my muscles were sore and aching

All in all, if you want to work out and looking for a fun motivating workout that does give results too, choose TF...but if you want a more athletic and serious and harder (for the muscles) workout, where you can build a lot more lean muscle bcs of bodyweight training, then choose Insanity...

For me TurboFire is just cardio and Insanity is more the strengh training...So the combination of the two might be a really awesome thing.
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

I know you didn't ask me but if you don't mind, I will share my views:

Turbo F: Music is great, and it is a bit like a party Insanity: More like an athletic training, training to be Rocky (LOL), music isn't that important

Turbo F: Chalene is crazy but I know not everyone might like her personality, she is really motivating though and positive
    Insanity: Sean T is doing the WO with you and motivating you but a bit more "tough love"-style (Gangnam style LOL sorry)

Turbo F: More dancy parts, although there is jumping around, not as much plyo as in Insanity which has a loooot more plyo

Turbo F: Tires me out but in an energetic way, I kinda feel high afterwards INsanity: I felt wiped out and really tired afterwards and sometimes my muscles were sore and aching

All in all, if you want to work out and looking for a fun motivating workout that does give results too, choose TF...but if you want a more athletic and serious and harder (for the muscles) workout, where you can build a lot more lean muscle bcs of bodyweight training, then choose Insanity...

For me TurboFire is just cardio and Insanity is more the strengh training...So the combination of the two might be a really awesome thing.

I don't mind. I just wanted to know someone's views. :) Thanks for the comparision between the two. I HATE the plyo kinda stuff insanity, but I suck it up! lol Sounds like something I might try after insanity round two is complete. THANKS!!
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of turbofire, I started the inferno plan this week but due to family birthdays and various things I ended up stopping a few days into it, but I'm planning up on trying it again at some point during december. I LOVE her workouts and I have been sore everyday from them and have already started seeing results! Anyone can feel free to add me, I love more friends doing the same programs!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started Monday and am LOVING it.
  • cyndispot
    Options
    I started on Monday and to say I LOVE it would be strong language. I think I will grow to love it. Here's why I say that. It moves really fast and I don't have the moves down. I don't look anything like those people in the video do. they know where to punch and when, and honestly sometimes I just hop or boxer shuffle in place while I get a grip on where we are then I can join back in on the punches. I hate that i can't be at all intuitive about it.

I have done new to class for the first few days - today I didn't have time to do that part, so I went straight to the workout. I liked that ALOT better (even though I can't keep up yet) so I probably will watch them through once or twice at work and then go straight to the video at this point.

I am not frustrated though and that is a good sign. Alot of times when I can't keep up with a video I want to give up. I feel like I don't want to on this one. Not sure why, but I feel like I will get it - even if it's not until week 19. And I like Chalene. She's not cheesy and silly acting, but yet she's fun to listen to and fun to watch.

So I'm not LOVING it, but I am LIKING IT very much and feel like it will get to LOVE. I guess it's kind of how running worked for me. Liked it at first and now I love it and wouldn't give it up. I have a feeling not 20 weeks from now I will feel very similar about TF.
  • mrsmark2010
    Options

I wasn't asked, but I've finished Insanity, P90x (next week will by second time finishing it) and I'm in week 2 of Turbo Fire. I bought just to throw in with insanity, I didn't think it could get "better" or worse depending on your perspective, but it is crazy fun and I'm burning as many if not more calories with Turbofire. A few days ago my HR actually went in the 170's. I've hit 160's before but not 170 with Insanity.

Its different and challenging in a choreography way from Insanity. But the outcome is the same, a great workout!!!

I skipped the new to class and just jumped in. I thought I'd at least burn calories and my time is limited in the morning so I just went for it. Friend request me if you want, please add a little note. Always enjoy supportive friends, preferably without drama. :wink:
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 of TF. Love it!
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks so much everyone for all the feedback!!!! Question... is it easier just going straight into the workouts and learning the routines/moves that way or should I do the New to Class workouts??? I had someone comment that they can be drawn out instead of actually just jumping ino the actual workout itself and learning it that way.

I think it's easier to do the new to class option the first time.
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    have just finished week 3 and have only lost 2 pounds : ( but i didn't consistently follow the work out calendar either or eat very well so that is purely my fault.

With that disclaimer out of the way I will say I LOVE IT!! Lots of fun, good music, and I'm totally drenched in sweat afterwards. This past few days I've religiously been doing it. I'm not going to skip days anymore. I know this program will help me a lot.
  • msorochan
    Options
    I am about to start week 2 tomorrow and I love it! I did TurboKick at 24 Hour Fitness so when I saw the deal for TurboFire I jumped on it. I feel pretty accustomed to the moves already because they're pretty much the same as TBK. I haven't seen much weight loss but I am feeling more fit, energetic, and stronger. Gonna keep at it! I love the music and the dance elements!

Feel free to add me if you're on your TF journey also! I'd love to exchange support and motivation! :)