Replies

• nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Cut up and roast in oven with olive oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just bake mine in the mircrowave and eat it w/ 1 tbs butter and some pepper.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I made mashed sweet potatoes one time...with whipped cream, brown sugar...don't remember what else, but they were tasty!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    In beef stew...so gooood!
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wash them
    Slice them up ino thick fry like shape
    Toss them in a little EVOO and spices like sea salt, pepper, and chili powder
    then I bake them for 25-30 mins 400 degrees or untill they are done as I like

YUM

Chili powder?? This sounds amazing!!
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Baked, or even microwaved, plain. A little cinnamon is good on them too, or salt and pepper.
  • NursRatchett
    NursRatchett Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nuke them for 5 minutes, then put 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 5 pumps of 0 calorie butter spray, and a tablespoon of raw honey on top.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    my husband just chopped them into quarters, added a little salt, pepper and garlic and baked them...I didn't think I'd like them b/c so far I've only "liked" sweet potato fries...but I LOVED them. They were super yummy! :smile:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe from an old issue of Southern Living that I love:

Peel and cut two-three sweet potatoes into chunks
    Cut one small onion into chunks
    Toss potatoes and onions with EVOO and fajita seasoning
    Roast at 400 for 30-45 minutes
  • danaweston
    Options
    Just bought a bag of sweet potatoes and have no idea how to go about cooking them? How do you cook urs? Idea's please :)
    chopped onion 1/2 in olive oil ( I used one whole onion )
    1 clove garlic ( I used powder )
    1/2 tsp fresh ginger ( I used powder it worked just fine )
    1/2 tsp curry powder ( I used a bit more yum )
    2-3 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
    2 c chicken stock ( fat free and organic ) I used a bit more
    salt and pepper saute the onion then add cubed sweet potatoes without browning add stock cook until potatoes are tender
    add seasonings blend in a food processor or I just used a potato masher REALLY YUMMY :flowerforyou:
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I Love them peeled ,cut into chunks , then sprayed with a olive oil spray, salt and pepper, then I put them on my hot cast iron skillet and roast until browned at 400* I will eat leftovers cold in my salad. After having them this way I will not eat them any other way.

They are also great mashed.
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wash them and wrap in foil and put in the oven. The ones left just put in a bowl or freezer bag and stick them in the freezer. Makes a great and quick side to any meal or sandwich. I sprinkle mine with cinnamon sugar.
  • Jojo1470
    Jojo1470 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a super yummy recipe for spicy sweet potatoes, I'll post tomorrow -
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like mine simple just bake them! Preheat oven to 400 degrees, wash potatoes, poke them all over with a fork, put right in the oven on the rack, take out about 45 minutes later (or until soft), and you have a delish dinner/side dish!

Same!
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I boil them or boil then mash. Not very exciting but then I mix them with chicken and either spinach or broccoli to really make them gourmet :laugh:
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I wash them
    Slice them up ino thick fry like shape
    Toss them in a little EVOO and spices like sea salt, pepper, and chili powder
    then I bake them for 25-30 mins 400 degrees or untill they are done as I like

YUM

Yes, this! They make awesome "oven fries!"
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Steam them.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I like mine mashed.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    mashed, oven baked,cubed and roasted, french fries, sliced thin and fried with onions ..... many ways!