Slim Pasta. HELP!

Options
Oh man, it's so gross.

Taste is ok - well actually it's pretty nice - taste wise.

But the texture is KILLING ME.

I have 2 more packs to eat (I don't waste food) and tonight I bought a few flavours of stir through pasta sauce, and one butter chicken sauce.

I'm hoping it will help (I should mention I don't cook) - my last 2 servings of this pasta I just added a tin of chili tuna... edible but... I can't go on.

Anyone else having issues with this food?

Suggestions most welcome.

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    If the texture is anything like chang's lo-cal noodles then I can TOTALLY relate. Not worth the calorie saving unless it's for something special like birthday cake after dinner. Food just shouldn't feel like that in my mouth or against my teeth!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's taken me a bit to get used to it. I can't bite through it like normal but it's ok to chew :) It's the smell that gets to me though..... I actually smell like the stuff when you open it :( I wonder if frying it a little would help?
  • chanellenoble
    chanellenoble Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't use it as pasta, more as noodles, they taste soooo much better in a stir-fry. If you do want them as noodles, try mixing them with normal pasta. There are more calories and carb but it is more bearable.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yeah, might have to mix them with normal pasta.

Does anyone know if you just get used to it eventually?

Like an acquired thing?
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Yeah, might have to mix them with normal pasta.

Does anyone know if you just get used to it eventually?

Like an acquired thing?

If you don't want to waste it then yeah, mixing them with normal pasta is the best bet.

If you don't like it then don't eat it. You should still enjoy the foods you eat while on a diet, just fit it into your calories and macros.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I use regular noodle, measure 1 cup of cooked pasta and then put it on your plate, 200 cal's never looked so good, its a very satisfying portion, when you add your favourite sauce. Try it you will be pleasantly surprised :)

Cheers :drinker:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I'm totally used to it at this point. I eat two bowls a day with marinara sauce.
  • xjmcx
    xjmcx Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't mind them... We mix them through salad and have that with chilli prawns and Thai dressing... Amazing!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, something for anyone checking this out - I have started to skip the par-boil process and gone directly to dry frying these noodles!

It improves the texture ALMOST to actual pasta texture.

I'm very happy with this and can eat them without my stomach turning now.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    had to look up slim pasta, we buy them as Miracle noodles, they are awesome but i could see how the texture could get to you, make sure you rinse them really well then if you stir fry them until dry they have about the same texture and normal pasta. and it really adds a nice flavor with a little sea salt.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I actually boil them now. Like in a pot for 5 mins boil. They seem to enjoy that & are easier to swallow. I think a little cooking is what they need.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

The texture actually makes me nauseous. It would be like chewing plastic.

I would rather fill much rather fill up on a billion sticks of celery than that stinky stuff!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Can't do the "miracle noodles"... sorry. Give my spaghetti squash anytime.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I did wonder how it would be as 'pasta'; as I was happy with it in a stir fry.
    Turns out I found them absolutely fine!.. I did a venison grill steak chopped in to meat balls with a cheap pasta sauce and was very pleased with the taste/texture.

Just unfortunate that the one local (still a good ten miles away) shop that sold it only had 3 packs - I got two, then went back for the last, hoping they'd have replenished.

In all cases I washed them with hot water, then put them in the frying pan with the rest of the food to cook.

Have ordered some konjac powder so I can attempt to make my own, but suspect it may not turn out so great!
  • Taekwondomum
    Taekwondomum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same position as you. I bought three packs, and am really grossed out by the texture. I'll have to struggle through the other two packs :(