Words you hate!

Options

Replies

• KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    "Trying" - as in "we are TRYING to get pregnant." Trying? I didn't know it was such a chore!

"getting pregnant" can be quite a challenge physically and emotionally for many people, hence the 'trying'. I know it's costing my partner and me a small fortune and it still hasn't happened. Sometimes, the fun, sex part (that I assume you are referring to) isn't enough.

This. If you have sex to have a child, but no child is conceived, you have to keep trying. I can't understand why saying "We're trying to have a baby" could be offensive. When you've had to go through giving yourself multiple daily injections, daily blood tests, 10 ultrasounds a month, $3,000+ a month in medications, and some very humiliating procedures, it's not only a chore, it becomes a science project. A very heartbreaking science project.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    DH, DW, DD (Dear Husband, Dear Wife, etc.)
    Wholesome
    Nom Nom Nom
    Fattening
    Brah
    dis (instead of this)
    "I haz or iz a sad" (or any other phrase of that type)

...there are so many more, I just can't think of them right now.
  • andriadean7171
    Options
    are we related lmao i'm laughing so hard because i have family members who do the same thing!
  • conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    Options
    What ever, or when some just says K
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    EVOO, as in the acronym Rachael Ray came up with.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Being from the Burgh, this may sound blasphemous to some...But I honestly don't like the word Yinz...It is a silly word. In fact, other than making fun of it, I'm not a fan of Pittsburghese at all. I'm constantly horrified to hear myself talk..
  • Tinker_and_Bash
    Tinker_and_Bash Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Meaty. I can not STAND the word meaty.
  • kdw65
    kdw65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Scrumptious.
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I hate the word invaluable. It doesn't make any sense to me. When most words have the prefix in- than it's usually opposite of the base word, but not this word, no it's special for some reason. So invalid, inaccurate, independent, indescent, indescribable. Why does invaluable not fit this rule?? It bugs me... serioulsy.
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yolo.

Too funny! Did you see that Jack Black quote where he said "YOLO is just carpe diem for idiots." LOL!

I hate it during labor when the nurses and midwives say that the cervix is "ripe." Grosses me out for some reason.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    ONEderland. Every time I see this, I just want to punch the monitor :grumble:

Jimmy: [he's just written "Oneders"] See - the Oneders, Lenny.

Lenny: Yeah, but it looks like the O'Needers.

Jimmy: No, no, no - the Oneders.

Lenny: Got it. Looks like the O'Needers.

I love Lenny!!!

Love this movie!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Salve
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    my sister doesn't like "moist" or "fresh" lol
  • llamanoir
    llamanoir Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    armpit
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Preggo or Preggers. Prego is a spaghetti sauce, not to be confused with growing a little person.

And hearing "It is what it is" makes me want to tear my ear drums out with rusty forks. I know it is what it is. If it wasn't what it was, then it wouldn't be what it is.

I thought I was the only one! "It is what it is" is such a redundant statement! I also get annoyed when people say "conversate" instead of "converse"
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    The words I hate the most!

Whatever

&

Never mind

Gah!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Slacks. As in pants, "put on your slacks." Makes me want to punch something.
    Rubbers
    Tramp stamp
    "Super" or "power" when referring to food (super fruit! power shake!). Drives me freaking batty. :explode:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Cray, yolo, and hubby (especially when they're not legally married but Puerto Ricanly married and just calling themselves hubby and wifey).
  • markyp12
    Options
    ^^ cray and yolo are awful
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Moist is a great word!

I agree and nothin wrong with panties either.
    So moist panties must really make your day.