2/3 half n half
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon grated orange peal (opt)
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1 egg
    1/9 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350 In small bowl beat cream cheese and sugar on low until blended. Add egg beat well. Stir in orange peal Set aside. Blend well potatoes until smooth beat with wire whisk. Spread cream cheese mixture in frozen pie crust. Carefully spoon on sweet potato mixture over the cream cheese mix. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until set and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 30 min.

SO GOOD!!
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wrap each one in aluminum foil, poke some holes in them and into a 400 degree oven. Takes about 45 min to an hour, but when they are soft, I take them out. I let them cool for a while, cut them up and measure each one and re-wrap into aluminum foil and with a marker write how many ounces each one is. I love sweet potatoes and they are very good for you.
  • kmumansky
    Options
    I also do 400 degree oven and it takes 45- 1 hour. soooooo good. if i'm feeling crazy i'll mix together butter with a little sugar and cinnamon. yum!
  • Alamaug
    Alamaug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    rinse em, and bite em.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love sweetly potatoes .. I use a tablespoon of I can't believe it's not butter light and sprinkle cinnamon on it slice it down the middle and bake it.. So f'in good it's orgasmic lol
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bake em, nuke em, boil em. Eat them with a bit of butter and hot peppers (some times chili powder). Thanksgiving - candied with marshmellows all the way!!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    fries, so easy
    cut into fry size strips, toss in some olive oil, salt and paprika, bake at 425 for about 30 min, turning every 5 min or so, prerferably on parchment paper, as they burn fast, just keep an eye on them , if you can cut them and soak in ice water for 30 minutes prior to baking and dry completely.
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    crock pot
  • outdoormandl
    Options
    I like to grill them.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump... I love sweet potatoes.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Boil with little water, apples, and cinnamon.
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    just steam them. they're so delicious steamed.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I slice mine and cook with a little coconut oil--it's better at high heat than EVOO. Tastes like butter, too.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    the Southern way: bake at 300 degrees for 2.5 hrs.
  • tinagn
    tinagn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    steam it. They are naturally sweet it's so satisfying if you are craving something carby or sweet
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I start by putting a cookie sheet in the oven to preheat.
    I then peel my sweet potato then slice into rounds 1/4" to 3/8" thick.
    Give the pan a light spray with Pam.
    Place the rounds on the pan.
    If I am seasoning the potatoes I give the top a light spray of Pam the add the seasonings.
    My favorites are paprika, cumin, and cayanne or on spicy nights ground habanero.
    Cook until lightly browned and don't forget to make extra plain rounds for your dogs (they love them).