I hate myself

Options
chism21
chism21 Posts: 155 Member
OMG!!! how I start my pity race
I'm 22
Virgin
Just started college
Never been kissed (if not counting, spin the bottle)
No to say never been on a date
i'm even fatter than when i was in high school and already hate myself by that time
I have started 1000 of diet with any success ever
And worst than that is that I always know what i'm doing wrong but can not fix it
Just praying god to help me be who i want to be, be free

Replies

• __F4t2f1t__
    Options
    God wont guide your footsteps if you won't move your feet.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    First off NEVER hate yourself. Yes there are things about yourself that you can dislike but there are parts of yourself that you have to love. Who cares if you are still a virgin. I lost mine at 15 and I wish I would have waited. I had 2 kids when I was your age. This website has been an amazing experience for me. It will work for you too but you have to let the negativity go. Every day find something about yourself that you like. Beautiful eyes? Tell yourself that every day. Great hair? Remember that too. Feel free to add me so we can help each other on our weight loss journey.
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If anything you should be proud of yourself. A man that is still a virgin is not a bad thing at all and your in college. So a smart man is even more desirable. Don't hate yourself, take one day at a time and come on here religiously. This place has kept me on track even when I had my crappy days. I was tired last night but looked through some transformation photos and went to the gym. I was inspired and continued to be. We are all here for support and friendship. Love yourself and what you have to offer.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Dude. I'm 20, a virgin, and in college as well. Things may seem terrible right now but it's all about how you look at it! When I started college I was the biggest I ever was. Finding MFP was one of the greatest things that has happened to me. You can't look at this as a diet or else you'll end up failing. This is a lifestyle change. Once you realize what you are putting in to your body, you begin to change how you think about food. Here I am at 215 from my highest weight of 315. You can do it, this thing really works. The #1 thing that you'll have to have is patience.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Sympathy does absolutely nothing for your situation. Grow a pair and put your foot forward!!! We all have to work hard for something worth it.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    If you really want it, then work for it.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! how I start my pity race
    I'm 22
    Virgin
    Just started college
    Never been kissed (if not counting, spin the bottle)
    No to say never been on a date
    i'm even fatter than when i was in high school and already hate myself by that time
    I have started 1000 of diet with any success ever
    And worst than that is that I always know what i'm doing wrong but can not fix it
    Just praying god to help me be who i want to be, be free

Add two years and we could be twins. Seriously, it gets better.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    some of those apply to me too
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of you for your opinions, this post never was really about get sympathy =, but to blame some things in being fat. I hate being fat and I have never give up. I have always know I have to lose weight. It's just (I hope you understand) is not as easy as many people make it seems
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Dude. I'm 20, a virgin, and in college as well. Things may seem terrible right now but it's all about how you look at it! When I started college I was the biggest I ever was. Finding MFP was one of the greatest things that has happened to me. You can't look at this as a diet or else you'll end up failing. This is a lifestyle change. Once you realize what you are putting in to your body, you begin to change how you think about food. Here I am at 215 from my highest weight of 315. You can do it, this thing really works. The #1 thing that you'll have to have is patience.

^^^^^^This!! (((Well said by the way :) & Congrats on your loss as well!))
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of you for your opinions, this post never was really about get sympathy =, but to blame some things in being fat. I hate being fat and I have never give up. I have always know I have to lose weight. It's just (I hope you understand) is not as easy as many people make it seems

What kind of responses were you hoping to get? You're preaching to the choir, we all know it's not easy. Simple, but not easy.

I get it. I have dealt with self esteem/self worth issues since childhood. But in this world, the only person that can help you is you. You have all the tools here and on the internet to lose the weight you want, and it's up to you now. Good luck :smile:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Its not easy for 99% of people, we all have to work hard at it. Its about making better choices, and the better choices are never the easy or convenient ones.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Nothing worth having comes easy! Take baby steps and turn those bad habits into good ones. Don't do fad diets, change your lifestyle. Want it! Work for it! You are worth the effort.
  • matthew8387
    Options
    you can get JACKED so easily..i wish i started out a little bigger than skinny so i could get bigger

keep it at it
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    God won't guide your footsteps if you won't move your feet.

I really like this. :)
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Gotta change that mentality which is a process but in the meantime, what's your physical activity like? What are you eating?

If its any consolation, I started college having never been kissed and didn't lose anything until I was 20. Well, I take that back, I actually lost 15 lbs my freshman year. You can do it, the hardest part is starting.

No one can do the work for you, but you have to believe that you're worth the work and the changes that it will produce. You deserve to be happy, but you gotta be proactive!
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hold up! STOP!!

You're 22 and a virgin! Value that! Religious or not being a virgin is something to be proud of. At least in my opinion it is! I'm 23 and taking a break from college because I have NO IDEA what I want to do! Plus, when I go back I'm not even sure what I'll be getting a degree in because I've changed majors SO MANY TIMES!

I never went on a date until I was 21. So what. It's okay! You will eventually go on a date!

You can lose the weight. 11 months ago I was fatter than I was in high school, I was 22 and 315 pounds. In high school I topped somewhere at 215.

Message me if you need to talk!

Plus, if you hate yourself you're in no shape to be dating. Learn to embrace yourself before you let anyone else come into your life.
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    God wont guide your footsteps if you won't move your feet.

This makes zero sense.

OP - you are in control of your life. If you really want something then you will make it happen for yourself. Your reality is just a set of outcomes as a result of choices you've made.

Your entire life is merely a set of choices. For every choice you make a new reality presents itself. The question is, what choices will you make?

I wish it was more complicated than that. But its not.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Stop. You're only 22. I have a friend that is 40, a virgin, is morbidly obese, has never kissed a guy and I'm her only friend. Sadly, I am not joking.

START WORKING ON YOURSELF RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!

At 22, that isn't bad. but if you keep it up for 20 more years I will be sad for you lol.

All you have to do is keep moving and be more outgoing! It's not hard! You are in control of your destiny!!!
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    Good luck mate. Hope you succeed.

If you fail, http://tinyurl.com/bskqf63