IIFYM TDEEtest

Options
I know it's an old topic, but I've tested my TDEE with the IIFYM and it gives me 200cals more than MFP.

Any experiences with this calculation?

Replies

• tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im not sure I will have to check that site out. I use scoobys site

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

ok just tried my BMR on your site and it has my BMR way over. I think maybe someone else who uses that site may be able to help :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I know it's an old topic, but I've tested my TDEE with the IIFYM and it gives me 200cals more than MFP.

Any experiences with this calculation?
    Is this a joke?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if you put in a weight loss goal, MFP deducts calories for you to reach that goal

the IIFYM calculator does not ask for your weight loss goal

that could be the difference
  • Ellieus
    Ellieus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    yeah but they operate on the 15-20% deduction from the TDEE and I chose 20% and was still over the MFP calculation, although I chose a moderate loss on here...
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've used that site as well as scooby. Both sites have me pretty close to the same numbers. I set my diary at my "sedentary level" or my "all I do is watch tv all day level" lol. And I've been losing....slowly....but losing.

ETA: I set my diary at my "lazy" maintenance level....not my TDEE minus anything.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Add the number you get here to the number you get on the IIFYM site and divide by 2 (to get the average obviously.)

Use that.

All of these calculators simply provide a guideline for you to work from and then tweak as the weeks go by depending on your individual situation.

It's not worth stressing about.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yeah but they operate on the 15-20% deduction from the TDEE and I chose 20% and was still over the MFP calculation, although I chose a moderate loss on here...

MFP does not reduce %, it reduces 250 cal for every 1/2 lbs you want to lose per week,

so that might be a reason...
    makes more sense to compare TDEE calculated by both calculators rather then kcal for weight loss

ETA: just tested IIFYM calculator and it's significantly higher then oter calculators I'm using
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Way high. It listed me at 3750 for my TDEE, and I was extremely accurate with my numbers. My lab tested TDEE is 2950, which is right about where MFP says, 3750 is ridiculous.
  • Ellieus
    Options
    Add the number you get here to the number you get on the IIFYM site and divide by 2 (to get the average obviously.)

Use that.

All of these calculators simply provide a guideline for you to work from and then tweak as the weeks go by depending on your individual situation.

It's not worth stressing about.

great idea. thanx!!!!
  • Ellieus
    Options
    thanx everybody for the input. I'll see how it goes :)