Scale is stuck

Sigh, I am back to working 3 jobs and I won't lie,eating isn't my first priority. I eat when I have time. I'm still in the mentality that if I'm not putting much in there, I should be losing right? I try to get in a protein shake or oatmeal or eggs for breakfast. I go run between jobs. Then I usually grab a quick lunch. Yesterday it was a tuna packet with some mayo and relish with 5 crackers. I worked (waitress) busting my butt on my feet until midnight and ate a small hamburger (not normal.) I usually just go to bed. Yeah this is not healthy and like Isaid I'm trying to get used to the new schedule. So why would the scale be stuck and not at least moving down? It's just sooooooo nerve racking. It scares me that I'll NEVER get to my goal. I still have alot to lose and I don't want to fail. Somebody kick my butt in the right direction.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Did you try banging on it?
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    You have to eat more.

You have 50 pounds to lose still before you hit your goal (from your ticker) so there's no way your BMR is 1200 or below. You ate a protein shake, oatmeal or eggs...can't be more than 250 calories.... tuna and crackers.... again not over 250. then a small hamburger even from McDonalds that's under 400 That's 900 in one day where you worked out as well as working 3 jobs and were constantly moving. Weren't you starving all day? I would be.

You should be eating 2000 a day at aleast with kind of activity.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    I try to get in a protein shake or oatmeal or eggs for breakfast. I go run between jobs. Then I usually grab a quick lunch.

Are you planning your food or just "hoping" that you'll stumble in to a good nutrition plan? You know what they say, no one plans to fail, we just fail to plan. Plan your food out for the day. It takes all of 10 minutes. You probably spend more time trying to figure out what to wear each day. Plan ahead, log it first and be prepared. If you need to plan it the night before.

Make sure your calorie intake and calorie burn is accurate. Use a food scale and get one if you don't have one. Be as accurate as possible.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    MFP has a decent plan for effective weight loss...(it basically involves eating an appropriate amount of food as adjusted for your level of activity).

Use it.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    ^When in doubt, kick it.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Buy a new one?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    seriously though....if you want it, you will make the right choices. Either Do, or Do not.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    If you can afford it, I'd recommend purchasing a bodybugg (www.bodybugg.com) so you can monitor how many calories you burn each day. Once you know this, you can work your diet around that number so you are in a decent deficit but not starving your body.

I know life is crazy with 3 jobs but you have to make time to plan out your diet so you're not just grabbing snacks here and there.

Good Luck!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    If you can afford it, I'd recommend purchasing a bodybugg (www.bodybugg.com) so you can have yet another estimate of how many calories you burn each day. Once you know this, you can work your diet around that number so you are in a decent deficit but not starving your body.

I know life is crazy with 3 jobs but you have to make time to plan out your diet so you're not just grabbing snacks here and there.

Good Luck!

There. I fixed that for you.
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Thanks guys! It's just so hard to wrap my head around eating to lose.
  • PNJB796
    PNJB796 Posts: 72 Member

"Surely two people doing this on one scales will obviously cause it to misread?"
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    You are mindful of it, and that's a big step. If you have a smart phone download one of the pedometer apps to count your steps while waitressing, you can keep it in your pocket. I use Cardio Trainer, it works great.

Good luck
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Set you account a more moderate goal (1 lb per week) and you should also be set at lightly active, not sedentary. Fuel the body to lose the fat.