LADIES ONLY

Options
HI LADIES,

SORRY LADIES I KNOW IT'S STUIP QUESTION BUT I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW.

WHEN I GET MY MONTHLY PERIOD, I START TO EAT TO MUCH ON THE FRIST DAY ABOUT 1500 CALORIES AND I WORKOUT TOO , BUT AFTER THAT I GO BACK TO MY 1200 CALORIES. BUT THE WHOLE WEEK MY WEIGHT IS NOT EVEN DOWN.

SO SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL MY MONTHLY PERIOD FINISH AND I WEIGHT MYSELF.

THANK YOU AND SORRY AGAIN LADIES FOR MY QUESTION.

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even bother with weighing yourself during TOM. Your body is retaining fluid. So it won't be a correct reading anyway.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    During that TOM you're often bloated and retaining water - a lot of women have issues with it and don't see a loss that week. Don't worry about the scale, just stick to eating healthy and weigh/measure yourself a couple of days after it finishes.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just to let you know when you use CAPS it indicates yelling.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even bother with weighing yourself during TOM. Your body is retaining fluid. So it won't be a correct reading anyway.

Yup^^^ - don't bother. It will just mess with your mind.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options

Ha ha! if it's currently her TOM then she is allowed to yell! brilliant!

I always fail to loose any weight at that time, even gain a few pounds sometimes. I eat more just before, leave weighing till a few days after.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't weight yourself. And drink TONS of water during that time- it'll help. :)
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should necessarily skip WI, but definitely be aware that your body will fluctuate during TOM. For me, I WI weekly on Fridays. TOM usually starts on a Wed or Thurs. I retain water the week before TOM starts, so that Friday I will usually see either a small gain (less than a pound) or a maintain from the previous week. Then the following Friday after TOM has started and is still in progress, I always see a nice drop in weight (the small gain plus some from the prior week's weight).
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OH OK I SEE...THANK YOU ALL
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    The caps makes it seem like you are yelling.

No, it's water retention. Do NOT weigh yourself on your TOM. DO eat a balanced diet and try some light exercise -- Do NOT use the "no weighing" or your TOM to binge and skip exercises.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

Ha ha! if it's currently her TOM then she is allowed to yell! brilliant!

I always fail to loose any weight at that time, even gain a few pounds sometimes. I eat more just before, leave weighing till a few days after.

LOL!!
  • laughingdani
    Options
    There are quite a few people on MFP that are posting from work and have programs that require them to leave their keyboard on all caps. That's probably the case here.

It's not difficult to read her post and decipher from the tone that she is not yelling.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Oh the irony of fluid retention.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would not weigh 3 days prior or 2 day! That's when your body is most flucuating.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    That's what I do...weigh right after tom:)
  • laughingdani
    Options

Oh the irony of fluid retention.

If you want to be my friend all you had to do was say so...:flowerforyou:
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

^^Totatlly agree. I'd make your weigh-ins the week after your TOM. Let's say my last day is Friday... I would weigh myself the following Friday.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    DONT MIND THEM FEEL FREE TO ALL CAPS AL YOU PLEASE SISTER ALSO I WISH YOU THE BEST ON YOUR PERIOD JOURNEY AND WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY AND ANY OTHER JOURNEYS YOU MIGHT BE PARTAKING NOW AND IN THE FUTURE SHALOM
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

Just to let you know, you are a 30 year old MAN and the question was directed at Ladies. :wink: Sometimes we have the need to yell when TOM comes around.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    *facepalm* See 123,426,235,678 other posts on this topic.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    DONT MIND THEM FEEL FREE TO ALL CAPS AL YOU PLEASE SISTER ALSO I WISH YOU THE BEST ON YOUR PERIOD JOURNEY AND WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY AND ANY OTHER JOURNEYS YOU MIGHT BE PARTAKING NOW AND IN THE FUTURE SHALOM

You KNOW I still love you, though we touched and went our separate ways!