Tall Females?

Options
124»

Replies

• stayceal
    Options
    I'm 5'9"....embrace your height! I love being tall and wearing heels. We tall women can hide our pounds a little better than my friend who is 4'11" :)

I wish I was more confident about my height and could wear tall heels. I always feel like im towering over people! Im 5'8

This is me all day!! I'm 5'10, and I don't like wearing heels either because it makes me look larger than normal...lol. It doesn't help that I have short friends because I really stand out when hanging with them in my heels.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 (mainly mad up of leg)
    Currently 188lbs got to 249 at my heaviest. I'll be happy at 174 as it gives me a healthy bmi and I'm v large framed. However chances are that I'll end up a stone or so less than that eventually.
  • MsYanaBanana
    Options
    I am 5'10 ish... Weee!!! Add me!!! (Yeah I did have too much coffee)
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7". Am I tall? I used to be freaky tall in school but hubby has called me Frodo on a couple of occasions.

The average height for a female is 5' 4.6", so anything over that is technically above average and can be considered tall. I am 5'8" and most days I feel tall. There are always those taller but I find I am taller than most women and alot of men too!!
  • darlinan
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and it's not so bad. I'm 46 and a mother of 3. I think the key to being tall is to stay fit and carry yourself gracefully. There are lots of beautiful women out there who are tall and have wonderful men beside them. I'm here to get fit again and can use some support.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have advice with being tall and having a higher weight because you're tall? I'm 5'9", but have trouble with my body image because my weight is higher than other thin and fit peoples. I weigh 135, and know that is a very healthy weight for my height, but still have trouble not viewing myself as fat. Has anyone overcome this problem?

I guess you just learn to look past the scale. I'm 6' 1/2" and have no memory of ever being under 150 but that doesn't bother me. People usually underestimate my weight because they don't realize how much tall people weigh. Or anything about sizing. When I was a bit thinner, people used to tell me I should model. I was wearing a size 10. I just laughed and said "Yeah, if I stick to a diet of toilet paper for the next few months and get a double mastectomy, that should do the charm!" Haha.

I do find myself getting super insecure regarding men and my height. I have a tendency to date men who are a bit shorter (like 5'9") and super skinny. My last serious boyfriend was 145....and I was 185. It gave me a serious weird factor. Or that the guy I'm seeing now and I went on a hike the other day. I fell and made a joke about breaking my ankle and forcing him to carry me home. He said "well, I don't think I could carry you". It may have been true as I'm around 190 and he's 5'8 and with a runner's body and a bad back, but I still jabbed him in the ribs. Same thing goes for when anyone calls me "big"....I want to punch them in the face. Such a loaded term.

Oh and I posted earlier about myself, but anyone who wants to add a motivated tall girl feel free to add me!
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and today I am wearing 3 1/2" heals. Yes I feel like a giant but it makes me look thinner and makes my behind look firmer! :bigsmile:

I am 49 and have always always been taller than everyone around me. My husband says he's 5'10 but he's really 5'9. Shhhh - I won't tell him though!

My biggest problem with being tall is clothes. Not only am I tall so pants are too short, I wear a 10 1/2 shoe. Ever try to find a 10 1/2? So I resort to 11's. There are 11's out there but I have to search! It's hard to "budget shop" for clothes that will fit!

My heaviest weight 178
    My current weight 169
    My goal weight 155 (or lots of muscle so I won't care what the scale says!)
  • lewist90
    lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    tall woman come at me :) im a shorty
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and I dont find it difficult to find tall men maybe except when I wear high heels which I love to wear.:smile:
  • daburnsie
    Options
    I am 5'10" and today I am wearing 3 1/2" heals. Yes I feel like a giant but it makes me look thinner and makes my behind look firmer! :bigsmile:

I am 49 and have always always been taller than everyone around me. My husband says he's 5'10 but he's really 5'9. Shhhh - I won't tell him though!

My biggest problem with being tall is clothes. Not only am I tall so pants are too short, I wear a 10 1/2 shoe. Ever try to find a 10 1/2? So I resort to 11's. There are 11's out there but I have to search! It's hard to "budget shop" for clothes that will fit!

My heaviest weight 178
    My current weight 169
    My goal weight 155 (or lots of muscle so I won't care what the scale says!)

Me too...10-1/2 shoe and a really narrow foot! Try online. Kohls only carries up to size 10 in store, but online they have cute shoes that are both 10-1/2 and 11's. I have found the 10-1/2's online to be pretty true to size, and most of the ones I have ordered do fit. Plus...they don't look like grandma shoes!

To the girls out there who feel like giants in their heels....ladies....life is too short (no pun intended.) FLAUNT IT! I am 6'2" to 6'3" in my heels. Ya..it's tall...and yes...they make my butt and legs look terrific! All those short girls staring at you??? They are jealous! Most of them would have to wear a 10" heel to do what we can do with 2-4 inches. Plus...there are lots of guys out there who like tall women!
  • cmphelan77
    Options
    5'8 currently 164 down from 195 (my heaviest). I was 135 when I got preggers at 22 cant ever inagine being that thin again. Ive been around 180 since. got heavy started a lifestyle change dropped 31 pounds since!! Its amazing how much better I feel in size 10's. Think I can get to a size 8 but thats as low as I go.
  • blahblahfood
    blahblahfood Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 21 years old, and 182 lbs (as of this morning!). My heaviest is 210 lbs and my goal weight is 140 lbs.

The only time I didn't like the fact that I was tall was in middle school when all the boys were prepubescent and several inches shorter than me. I got called a lot of names and for my height and also because I have always been on the chunky side. But since then I've grown a few inches and gained a few (several) pounds and have met the love of my life. He's only 5'11" so I can never wear heels when we go out but I don't mind because they're terrible for your feet and he loves me just as I am even if I don't always. :)

Add me if you want!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", 160lbs, and 44 years old. Size 12 dress, 9.5 shoe. Would like to at least get down to 145lbs, but that number still looks high to me. This thread has been a nice way for me to see what the rest of the tall girls think about sizes and weights :)

I've never done any sort of calorie counting before, so this is all new to me! I'm on a 1200 calorie plan, hoping to lose 1.5lbs/wk. 11 days in and I've lost 3, but I think it's just water weight.

If any girls with similar stats would like to buddy up, please send me a request. My diary is open to friends, and I login at least three times a day.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10".

When I was a kid people used to say: She's sooo big!

And I used to think they meant I was fat. It took me FOREVER to figure out they meant I was tall but by then I was convinced I WAS fat so I went through grade school skinny but with the mentality of a fat person.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and consider myself tall and as I lose weight I look even taller instead of looking WIDE, lol!!! My biggest problem with my height is that I tend to be between average and tall when buying pants but I would rather have then a little long that short!! I HATE short pants. Makes me feel soooo self conscious!!!

I was married to a guy that was 6'2" and I always liked having someone taller that me but now I'm with the most wonderful man that is basically the same height as me. Wouldn't have a tall jerk over my wonderful 5'9" guy ever!!!!!! :heart:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I'm 5' 9 1/2" and 132. I really didn't like being tall through junior high and high school, but as an adult I love it! :flowerforyou:
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    Hey all, i'm 5'10 and 198 but would like to get down to 165ish.
    I like being tall - my hubby is 6 ' 6 so i get to wear heeled shoes still! I couldnt imagine being with someone smaller than me but my sister is taller than I am ...and her hubby is 5'6!
    Anyway, feel free to add me!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have advice with being tall and having a higher weight because you're tall? I'm 5'9", but have trouble with my body image because my weight is higher than other thin and fit peoples. I weigh 135, and know that is a very healthy weight for my height, but still have trouble not viewing myself as fat. Has anyone overcome this problem?

No advice at all, but I can definitely commiserate!
  • ved8301
    ved8301 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    6'2" and between 230-235 (depending on the day!)

I LOVE being tall. I HATE people who think being tall is awesome because you can "gain weight and it not show". It takes me 20 lbs to change a pants size! So now to lose 3 pants sizes I have to lose 60 lbs, not 15! My favorite weight is between 165-175. Once I get too close to the 150's, I'm too thin!

I've gained a steady amount of weight for the past five years (about 70 lbs, 20 lbs a year or so...). Now it's time to change! I just got started on here and am hoping to lose 40 lbs by the last weekend of April, if not more. That will put me at 195 which looking at old pictures, I wasn't heavy looking at all even though I thought I was huge!

Good luck everyone and keep it up!
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 9 wish I made it to 6ft. OH well. My DH is 6ft 5in. I remember being the tallest in the class also. Always on the back row for class photos. Never dated men shorter than me. Most of the short ones seemed to carry on conversations with my chest. hahaha. You will enjoy MFP one of the friendly user site ever. Just wish they would add a "like" similar to FB or a button.

Patsy