Attention Tall Ladies (5'8" and Up)

Options

Replies

• VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'11" and 42 y.o., and starting out at 150lb (my heaviest ever), goal is 135-137lb (61-62kg), and 27in waist.

My advice for myself is to stay away from sweets, and stick with the plan (eat healthy & exerciser), especially as I crossed over 40 and my metabolism will start slowing down. In my profile picture with silver dress is from end of October, me at my heaviest.

My opinion on frame is, that everyone have the same frame, some with "more to love" on it then others. When I start gaining weight my frame becomes larger. We should not compare yourself to others, because each person has their own weight they feel comfortable in. For me it is 137lb fit, not skinny. People in office tell me I don't have anything to loose, and they would love to be my size. But I know what I want, and it is to look fit in swim bikini in 6 months.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I am 6' and currently weigh 217.4 lbs. My highest weight was 302 lbs (Jan 2012). I think my goal weight is 180. I'll re-assess from there. I am kind of an hour glass/banana. I'm short-waisted and large chested (38L) and the rest is legs. I'm currently wearing a loose size 14 pants, but 1X tops.

I work out 6 times a week, try to eat mostly healthy, stay within or near my calories goals, limit my alcohol consumption (I love craft beers) and drink lots of water.
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    bump
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 1/2" and 24 years old. I have broad shoulders, no boobs, a hell of an *kitten*, and "child bearing hips". (hehehe)

My starting weight was 212.2. My size 14 dress pants were unbearably tight. So I was realistically more of a 16. I was wearing size 14 jeans. I was an XL or size 14T shirt.

I am currently around 167 (my weight has been fluctuating lately). I am now a size medium or size 10 shirt. My dress pants are size 12s, and my jeans are between 8 and 10. At this weight, most people are telling me I look great. A couple have said that I've probably reached the point of being "done". I am comfortable with my body, but my hips and collar bones do stick out a bit. I am trying to work on a last bit of flab in my belly area, but there isn't that much left.

My first step was learning portion control, eating about 1650 calories a day before exercise. Then I moved on to substitutions, eating about 1550 calories a day before exercise. Then I got resistance bands and a balance ball for arms and crunches. Then I did Jillian Michaels' 30DS (I did about 15 days worth), eating about 1450 calories a day before exercise. At that point, I went to maintenance, eating about 2000 calories a day. I kept the weight off for a month. Now I am eating 1450 calories a day without exercising, just to get a bit more "flab" off the belly.

I'm not sure what my goal weight is. I'm comfortable where I am. I think if I got below 162 or so I wouldn't look "healthy" anymore.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11"
    SW: 230
    CW: 149
    GW: well originally my goal weight was 146 but I think I may need to lower it a bit more

I am doing a mixture of cardio and weight training.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi tall girls!

I am about 6'0'' and I currently weigh about 178. When I started on MFP, I weighed about 220 and was about 240 before I started. My goal weight is 160-165lbs. I am a big weight lifter and at 178 I am a size 10 pants and shirt size medium/large. I am a medium frame and have an apple body shape (big boobs, wide shoulders, thin hips and waist).
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What's your height & What's your goal weight?
    I'm 5'9.5 and my goal weight is currently 162... might go down from there.

What's your "body type" and your shape, as you see it?
    Definitely a pear. My hips are the widest part of my body.

& most importantly, how are you going toward your goals!?
    Calorie deficit & working out 5 days / week.

... What's working, What's not?
    Recently increased calories to break a plateau. Upped intensity of workouts.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 1/2" and 24 years old. I have broad shoulders, no boobs, a hell of an *kitten*, and "child bearing hips". (hehehe)

My starting weight was 212.2. My size 14 dress pants were unbearably tight. So I was realistically more of a 16. I was wearing size 14 jeans. I was an XL or size 14T shirt.

I am currently around 167 (my weight has been fluctuating lately). I am now a size medium or size 10 shirt. My dress pants are size 12s, and my jeans are between 8 and 10. At this weight, most people are telling me I look great. A couple have said that I've probably reached the point of being "done". I am comfortable with my body, but my hips and collar bones do stick out a bit. I am trying to work on a last bit of flab in my belly area, but there isn't that much left.

My first step was learning portion control, eating about 1650 calories a day before exercise. Then I moved on to substitutions, eating about 1550 calories a day before exercise. Then I got resistance bands and a balance ball for arms and crunches. Then I did Jillian Michaels' 30DS (I did about 15 days worth), eating about 1450 calories a day before exercise. At that point, I went to maintenance, eating about 2000 calories a day. I kept the weight off for a month. Now I am eating 1450 calories a day without exercising, just to get a bit more "flab" off the belly.

I'm not sure what my goal weight is. I'm comfortable where I am. I think if I got below 162 or so I wouldn't look "healthy" anymore.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you!

I think you could be my twin! Although I'm 5'9". Currently fluctuating between 197.5 and 200 (depending on the day/week). I'm naturally muscular and thicker, so my ultimate goal weight is 175. I look healthy there and can comfortably maintain that. That being said...I've been at my current weight for about 5 months now and can't break it. Makes me wonder if this is my body's "new comfortable".

Like you, I also have broad shoulders, SOME boobs (about a 36B), an *kitten* that doesn't quit (or so I've been told), and good german child bearing hips. I currently wear a very loose 16/comfortable to tight 14 and size L shirts.

I'm trying portion control and exercise as my main mode of maintenance/weight loss.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10
    Current Weight: 194
    Goal Weight: 160 or so
    Body Shape: Straight (according to an online calculator. it's similar to 'hourglass' with a less defined waist. it's the most common body shape)

I started off at 245 so I'd say what I'm doing is definitely working. I lift a little bit, do some cardio here and there but nothing set in stone. I pre-log my food in the morning and eat whenever I feel hungry. I don't have any 'off limits' foods that I avoid.
  • katie__pillar
    Options
    5'10"
    SW: 177
    CW:159
    GW: I picked 155 but really I just want to lose body fat now, but that means lifting and I have to get over my fear of the guys on the weights machines at the gym first! ;) I'm also going to do C25K at some point. Currently I'm doing a Jillian Michaels DVD 5-6 times a week and I walk a lot.

I'm a pear shape - you can practically count my ribs but my bum and thighs are still quite large. No boobs to speak of. :( I'm a UK size 12 (which I think is US 8) now, down from the top end of a 14. I eat about 1900 cals a day and still lose weight steadily, but could probably stand to make better snack choices within those calories.

The lightest I've ever been is about 148 when I was 16/17, but I think I was a bit shorter then and I looked pretty skinny. I don't fancy getting back down to that really.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"
    Current weight 142lb
    Goal weight 140lb (below that if I can manage it but I've been hovering between 140.5 and 143.5 for months now!)
    Medium framed pear shape (Small bust, big hips but with a small waist - 27"!)
    Currently UK size 10/12

I cycle and do DVDs by Jackie Warner and Jillian Michaels and have a calorie deficit - however I'M STUCK!!!!!:cry:
  • Banker2Bikini
    Banker2Bikini Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8
    Current Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: 145-150
    Body Shape:Pear Shape

My highest weight was 179 pounds, and I started MFP at 166.8. I am currently at 159, not sure how I will feel at 150 if I will be happy or not, right now I am in a size 6-8 pant size. :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11
    Current Weight: 204
    Goal Weight: 170-175 (right now 175 then I'll reevaluate)
    Body Frame Size: Large; broad shoulders, just shy of a 7" wrist (and I can feel my wrist bones, so won't be losing much there)
    Body Shape: Somewhere between straight and hour glass. . .I don't have much of a waist as my height is all leg and I have a very short waist so I can't really be a true hourglass.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm 5'9"...started at 268 and now 195. 16's are too loose...but 14's aren't quite comfy yet. I would like to get to 168 just because its a whole 100 pound loss, but my dr said my goal should be 175. I was 323 for a while 10 years ago (before gastric bypass that i out-ate)...so she said my bone density may be as much as 10-12 pounds more. We will see...right now I have been fighting to get the 14 jeans to be comfy for a trip in two weeks. Lol

I am between hourglass and pear shaped....though I was straight before all this began. 36d on top...large shirts...16 bottoms. I will be having the extra skin removed though, and am hoping that makes me a true hourglass shape. :)

Oh...and I eat around 1500 calories a day....average. Some days 1800 some 1200...and walk about 15-18 miles a week.
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10 and a half inches tall and 24 years old. I have a more "athletic" or "straight" build (broad shoulders, thin arms and legs, but my hips and waist aren't that much different inches wise). I have a waist, but it's not a TON smaller than my boobs or hips. I wear a 36C bra, I'm between a size 8-12 pants depending on the cut (and frankly, i hate tight pants so I have always worn a size larger than what actually fits), 8-10 in dresses, and a size M shirt. It's taken me since June 2011 to lose the 57lbs I gained in college and my first 2 years of marriage.

Heaviest weight: 216lbs, 36DD (actually a 38, but 38DD the cup was too big so i squeezed into a painful 36 band), size 16 pants (that were too tight, which is what made me decide to start losing weight in the first place), size 16 or 2X dress, and a size XL, 14 or 2x shirt.
    Current Weight: 159lbs
    Goal weight: 155lbs and hopefully fitting comfortably in my size 8 Silver jeans. They fit now, but they're too tight for me to be comfortable. :)

I carry my weight in my inner thighs and in a pouch right below my belly button. Always have, even when I was a 140lb string bean in middle school and high school. So, I don't have high hopes of losing that without intense, obsessive abdominal work outs which I have no interest in doing. Don't get me wrong, I AM working on strengthening my core and toning up a bit, but honestly, I'm not an athlete. I don't love working out, I do it because it makes me feel better and makes me healthier, but I'd rather be reading a book lol.

If 155 isn't reasonable for me to maintain, I'd be happy to stay about where I'm at right now. Right now, I'm still losing while eating between 1400 and 1600 calories a day, and get at least a half hour of some kind of exercising in 4-5 times a week. Some days I can do more, some days I'm just not able to due to unforseen circumstances. And I'm ok with that. i currently love running 5ks, and my goal is to do one in under 30min (fasted was 33 minutes), and next summer I want to do a 10k and a warrior dash. But honestly, I'm never going to be the fittest, the tiniest, the hottest, the fasted or the best, and I'm ok with that. I'll just be happy to look reasonably healthy, and BE reasonably healthy. Props to all the people who are 130-135lbs of lean muscle at this height--I have tons of respect for you. You ROCK. Seriously, no sarcasm. It's awesome. But it's not me! :)
  • elliejelli
    Options
    I am 5 ft 8.5 and my goal weight is 145 lbs eventually. i have no idea if that is reasonable or not? x
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    5'10.5" here.

SW: 196
    CW: 145 with 25.8% body fat
    GW: whatever with 20% body fat

I started about 1.5 years ago at 196, then went down to 160 just by restricting calories, so was kinda skinny fat, lol. Then I got pregnant as a surrogate for a friend and did my best to continue to eat healthy and get in some exercise. Baby was born at the end of May and I was about 185 right after he was born. I started counting calories and exercising (cardio and strength training) and am a much more fit 145 now. I would describe my shape as very straight with slightly wider hips and very small boobs, lol. I'm still restricting calories and do a strength class 3 times a week and run at least 6 miles a week. I try to eat as clean as I can with very few processed foods, whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies. My current goal is to continue to reduce my body fat percentage while staying at a healthy weight.
  • dlrainwater
    Options
    I am 6' and weigh 247. My goal is 175 although I weighed 160 decades ago. I am 6', weigh 247 and have broad shoulders, small bust, small waist and large hips. I currently wear a size 20 pant--the sizes in my closet range from 14-20. I have gained 60 pounds in 18 months since quitting smoking, retirement and breast cancer treatment. I do yoga daily and have the new hobby of yardwork and gardening but know weight loss is all about types of foods and portion control. Trying to comply, at least today!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh just over 200 lbs. Honestly, I don't care what the scale says, my goal weight will be whenever I can fit into a size 6-8 pants. I do a lot of lifting so I have a feeling that weight will be around 170ish.
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 8, and a...top heavy pear? I'm not quite balanced enough to be an hour glass. :)

CW: 175
    GW: 160

I'll be a size 10 at that weight, and I've got lots of muscle, so, happy medium. :)