What motivates YOU?!

Options
My husband promised to take me to Scotland for a 95 mile hike through the Highlands when I hit my goal weight (a total of 72 pounds lost). I'm close enough now, that we've scheduled the trip for this May. I have to get my booty out there to RUN!

I'd like to make a post on my weight loss blog about motivation and would like to know what motivates you, too, for ideas.

Replies

• kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is my motivation. :happy:

He accepts me as I am and vice versa and we are both on a race to be the best version of ourselves.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 4/6/13 and I want to fit my wedding dress I picked that's right now too small AND wear a bikini in Punta Cana on our honeymoon!
  • Bikini_Beast
    Options
    The feeling after training, the feeling after stepping on stage, knowing you worked hard and belong there .... working to be even better the next round. Getting to the point where your body is a machine / a calorie burning furnace to fuel your training. There is no other feeling I have found.
  • Sissygirl43
    Sissygirl43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you want something, you have to do it for yourself
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    guilt took me here, my MFP buddies motivate me.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

^^^^ THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES ^^^^^^
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Amen.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Looking better naked.
    Clothes fitting better
    Dirty Girl run with my best friends in 2013 - want to SMASH that!
    Not being the token fat friend.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Setting new PRs.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    All the awesome success stories on MFP motivate me! When I start thinking its impossible for me to lose, I just look at you guys for inspiration. THANKS MFPers

Also, looking AWESOMELY GORGEOUS naked and clothed motivates me ;-P
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but I pretty much motivate myself. I've always been a self motivator and I know that my family loves me no matter what. What sucks is that everytime I go to the doctor I am in perfect health except for my weight of course. Without any health issues it is hard to find motivation.

Push yourself because no one else will.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My biggest source of motivation (other than my kid) has been the site/app called Fitocracy. I 'met' a friend on their who I started chatting with and she posted to all of her followers to support me. I have so many friends on there now. When I post a workout, within just a few minutes, I have several 'props' from them. It's a huge source of motivation when someone tells you you've done a great job.

My kid is my other source of motivation. She's 7 and takes an advanced gymnastics class. Currently she does 1.25 hours 2 days a week with an extra 1.5 hour class on a third day. After the first of the year, she'll go to just 2 days a week but for either 2 or 3 hours a day. She's cut and is pure muscle now. Gymnasts get really broad through the shoulders and she's definitely starting to. She's also developing the deep 'V' in her abs area. She likes to compare muscles with me. I want to be healthy and strong for her.
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't think that having health issues makes you any more motivated. That can easily become an excuse.

Part of my motivation to have a healthier lifestyle is to be a better role model for my grandchildren.

I was injured running 5 years ago and still have problems that keep me from running at all or from walking for more than 5 or 10 minutes. Because of some other issues, strength training, swimming and biking are also out (based on input from my health care team).

I was getting quite comfortable with my excuses so it took well over a year to get motivated to exercise again.

There were a million excuses too for not eating right and I've probably used them all. I finally just had to say today is the day and hope for the best.

I've only been with MFP for a week and try to check in on the message boards every day but have not added any friends yet. Having someone to chat with would probably be helpful so I'd like to give it a try. It would be great to connect with someone who was injured running and would love to get back to it again someday.

Jennifer
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    The fact that I've never managed it yet! That it feels almost impossible makes me all the more determined, and I swear I have never been as motivated since realising this. :)

(That sounds kind of negative, but it's supposed to be the complete oppostive - I'm very positive and determined about this and I know myself better, so I'm all the more braced for the tough times I reckon)
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    How I feel about my body now. I was never what most people would consider "fat," but I wasn't happy with my body composition at all. I was extremely judgmental about my own body, and used to mentally put myself down all the time. When I went shopping for clothing, I would always compare myself to girls much shorter than me, and berate myself for having "huge thighs." After I discovered my actual weight (126), a number I had been overestimating by about twenty pounds, and got myself on a weight lifting program, I no longer compare myself to other girls, but to my past self. My mental voice is no longer critical, and instead of comparing my thighs to other girls in the clothing store, I speculate on my ability to squat them or not. I never want that feeling to go away.
  • mhaight85
    Options
    In part because I have a vacation coming up in December and I want to feel comfortable in my bathing suit. Overall, I am tired of looking pregnant! lol My son is 3 1/2 now and I lost all the baby weight when I was breastfeeding, but got some bad habits going and ended up putting all the weight back on! Going in for an annual check up and actually being classified as Overweight really upset me and got me motivated to lose some weight and get healthier so I can be the best mommy possible for my boy. :O) I want to set a good example for him, how I expect him to eat healthy is mommy is pigging out on donuts and chips all the time? haha
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    guilt took me here, my MFP buddies motivate me.

Bears
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Amen.

Best advice one can take. Not only in fitness/nutrition, but in all aspects of life. Your given few things....go get the rest.
  • pashunrose39
    pashunrose39 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    All the awesome success stories on MFP motivate me! When I start thinking its impossible for me to lose, I just look at you guys for inspiration. THANKS MFPers

Also, looking AWESOMELY GORGEOUS naked and clothed motivates me ;-P

This pretty much sums it up for me!!
  • Minnie92x
    Options
    sexy women with sexy bodies...