Odd Coworker Quirks

Options
_Elemenopee_
_Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
I have an endless supply of strange coworker stories but this one just happened (it IS Friday after all) and I had to share.

Coworker clips his nails, at his desk (cubicle) out on the open floor every other day. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Why can't he clip them at home and why every other day?

What do your crazy/gross coworkers do?

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I sit right next to two people with the worlds worst immune systems.

They're constantly coughing, burping, and snorting their flegym all around. Oh and the guy who sits next to me, in addition to all that he overdoes his sneezes to the degree he shakes the ground and startles me.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You've seen Bad Teacher? Her coworker who is the very timid lady.....dances with the cowboys when she takes them out? I work with her. I refer to her as "Saint Herlastname". I enjoy swearing and making inappropriate jokes around her to see her blush and go.."Oh my goodness!!"

:devil:
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    my coworker plucks her eyebrows at her desk and put all the little hairs on a post it...then when shes done she takes a piece of scotch tape and picks up all the hairs
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    You've seen Bad Teacher? Her coworker who is the very timid lady.....dances with the cowboys when she takes them out? I work with her. I refer to her as "Saint Herlastname". I enjoy swearing and making inappropriate jokes around her to see her blush and go.."Oh my goodness!!"

Haven't seen it...should I?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My coworkers are all men that are perverts. The list is ENDLESS.
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I can hear my nemisis upstairs yawn...sounds like a dying hippo.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Haven't seen it...should I?

immediately.

Tell your boss you are sick, just found out you have been infected with ebola. That should buy you the afternoon off....then you can go rent it and laugh your *kitten* off.
  • mandisu
    mandisu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who reads the end of a book to see if she likes the way it ends. If she doesn't like the ending she won't read it. Same with movies... she looks online for the endings. SO weird.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

They're only pervs if you allow them to be! You can file a complaint.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I can't blame them -- you appear to be a set of breasts.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I can hear my nemisis upstairs yawn...sounds like a dying hippo.

This made me laugh out loud and that probably annoyed one of my coworkers. Two of mine cough weirdly or clear their throats in the most obnoxious manner. I was walking past another one yesterday who was clipping her nails right on her desk and then I stopped and looked at her funny and she leaned over the clippings trying to hide them. One likes to snack and usually it's a crunchy snack and she likes to crunch loudly...somehow with her mouth open the whole time. It's loud. Then the mix of the ones I mentioned like to call each other on the phone even though they're in the same area and I can hear both of them having a conversation with each other (and they can hear the other one across the room too). Just get your butt up and walk over. This probably gets me the most. Man, I work with weird people.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

adini do you dress like your profile picture at work???
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My co-workers are all male...so i have a lot of stories but these 2 are the most consistant.

One guy tells me when he has to poop - every day..

My boss - crop dusts me constantly... to the point that I started eating tuna in the office just to annoy him with the smell.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Nail clipping at work is one of my biggest pet peeves. So nasty. The eyebrow plucking person sounds gross and weird too.

My group is pretty good although we currently have a temp in who talkes to herself ALL THE TIME quite loudly which is very distracting.

A woman in her 40's in the next department over wears crocs (in a professional office) and rides her scooter from desk out the door at the end of the day.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    A woman in her 40's in the next department over wears crocs (in a professional office) and rides her scooter from desk out the door at the end of the day.

I want to ride a scooter out the door! She sounds like fun!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    These are hilarious. I haven't worked since last December so I am out of the loop on coworker stories.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    We have another who looks almost exactly like Edna Mode from The Incredibles. She scampers around the office holding a ceramic mug with both hands, always filled with warm water that she sips all day while clearing here throat every 3 or 4 words.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I wish there was a like button for this thread!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

adini do you dress like your profile picture at work???

Do I dress as a pair of boobs to work?

To the folks who took that in a bad way, it wasn't a complaint. It was a joke. Har har har.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Me and my coworker Jeremy are always kind of ragging on our other coworker behind his back... I know, we are terrible people. But he will literally walk up right next to your chair so his crotch is in your face and he'll just stand their and sigh really loud. So when you look over its like... uhhhhh crotch face. He's such a debby downer too, he just walks all over the place constantly sighing. Sooooo annoying lol.