Do ya'll enter in your weight?

Options

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Friday morings. I log losses and gains. I want a true story. I can look back with my food diary and see patterns in eating related to weight gains or losses. I want to find you what works for my body. If I'm not true with myself I will never know. I also only weigh in once a week because I don't want to stress myself out with false ups and downs because of things like water retention etc. Weighting in once a week I keep that in mind and it motivates me for the week.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week now and I enter whether I gain or lose. I have to stay honest with myself whether there is a gain or a loss. :wink:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Only when I lose unless I have a large gain. Recently I gained like 10 lbs, and even though it was hard, I entered it. But I have taken it off.
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i enter my weight 1 or 2 times a week.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the same weight for 3 day in a row, then I log it.

At the start I planned on weighing-in once a week, but found I was way too curious to limit myself, so I came up with the 3 day rule.

I compare only apples to apples. Morning post-potty weigh-ins, but sometimes I'll get on the scale at other times of the day to see how much I generally fluctuate within a day (about a 3 lbs difference between AM and PM for me)

Weighing in everyday is kind of like following stocks... you've got to look at the overall trends, not the fluctuations.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I have a wirelessly connected fitbit Aria scale, whenever I stand on it, it broadcasts my weight to the world.

It reads a little higher than the scale I used previously, and sometimes my graph bumps up and down, but as long as the trend is in the correct direction I am happy.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I only enter my weight when it's a loss. I don't want to enter gains, then get kudos when I lose those same pounds again. I supposed I could turn off notifications, but let's get real, we like the kudos for real losses.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I post for both. I weigh myself each day to see how foods effect me.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day and record the results up or down. After I got some mfp friends I quit doing that because the site would be posting I lost a pound when really it was the same pound up and down for a week. A couple times since then I have felt that I had a true setback and gained a few so I did record it but I don't worry about the day to day fluctuations anymore.
  • stofteland
    stofteland Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh only once every ten days. It seems that my weight loss has a cycle of about ten days. I can tell by how my clothes fit if I am losing, but it may not show four a few days on the scale. I just focus on dong well with my calorie intake and exercise. There is so much to keep track of when losing weight. Measurements make a difference. Weight fluctuates when I workout.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    My weigh-in day is Mondays (keeps me from going overboard on weekends), but I'm in a challenge right now that has Saturdays as the weigh-in day. My current routine is to weigh-in on Saturdays & record the weight with the challenge group & then I weigh-in on Mondays at home...whichever one is better is what I record with MFP.
  • akuhnen2
    Options
    In general, I think daily measurements do more damage than good, since the daily variation can be defeating especially if you are doing all the right things and happen to be retaining water that day. While there still can be some fluctuation, doing a weekly weigh-in on a specified date and time gives you something to look forward to every week (assuming you have been doing what you're supposed to).

I can see the argument though that says less frequent weigh-ins make more sense ( especially if you are nearing the fine-tuning stage.) If the right things for you include putting on muscle, than the weight is a fairly arbitrary measure. Body builders and NFL players are frequently incapable of getting life insurance even with very low body fat because their weight classifies them as obese.

I'm embarrassed to say I used to do that whole eat / drink nothing the night before, but decided it was stupid. As long as I do the same thing that day every week, my progress should show up.

Only marking it down when you lose or maintain seems silly too. Who is the weigh in for anyway? Its not a contest, its your life! There is no prize for losing the most weight. MFP is all about accountability and support, and you are getting neither if you're not being honest and open. Plainly put, not writing it down will not make your pants fit better.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    When I first start MFP and was successful with it, I was logging my weight every Friday - losses and gains. Then I only started logging losses and wasn't logging all of my calories. That didn't work for me and I gained about 10 pounds back. Now that I am back on track, I weigh in every Friday morning no matter what the weight. Totally bummed to log a .2 gain this week but it will definitely help me stay on track this weekend.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I only enter when I lose..
  • fatcatp
    fatcatp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I enter my weight when it has stopped fluctuating between a lb, so it seems to be more of a "real" weight. I weigh every morning, it seems to keep me more focused.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have an official weigh in day, and I do enter my weight whether I like it or not. It sucks to see the lbs lost go down a little bit, but it always rights itself. That way I can look back and see if I did something wrong or right that week.

^^This
  • djtulppo
    djtulppo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in day is Friday. If I lose or if I gain I record it. NOT just when I lose. Honesty is the best policy for me and it keeps me on track for the next weeks weigh in. But, I have never tained since starting my weight loss journey Sept. 13. I stayed the same one week and dropped the following week 2.4.
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Only when I lose. I fluctuate too much. Would drive myself insane every day. If my calories are excessive and they'd indicate weight gain from that, then I would. But, with a deficit and water fluctuations I see no reason.

Totally agree!
  • Smithslivingclean
    Options
    Awesome thank you for your feedback!!!!
  • Smithslivingclean
    Options
    YA'LL ROCK!! It feels good to not be alone in this process need more friends! Add me on! :)