Specifics on Creatine

Options
Looking to gain some specific knowledge on Creatine, and hoping there are some with experience that can help. I just bought Optimum Nutrition Creatine Micronized - 2000 Grams, I plan to start taking it on Monday. Can you tell me:

1. did you experience scale gains?
2. what dosage did you use?
3. what times of day did you take it?
4. how do you take it? with liquid or right off the spoon?
5. how did it make you feel?
6. do you only take it on training days?
7. is it necessary to load?
8. is it necessary to cycle?

From what I understand Creatine is simply an amino acid.

I have heard people say how much it helps them during their workouts, but everything I read says to take it post workout.

I have done a fair amount of research and I know I won't truly know how it will affect me until I try it for myself, but if anyone has any insight they could share I would appreciate it.

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    1 - minor, creatine should not cause huge amount of water retention
    2 - 5g per day
    3 - whenever I remember, the timing is not important
    4 - With water
    5 - Ummm, the same?
    6 - No, you need to take it everyday
    7 - loading will help you achieve saturation quicker, but it's not necessary
    8 - No

This vid covers pretty much everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mjMonDmbFo&sns=em
  • garvstone
    Options
    1. did you experience scale gains? >> Yes, about 8 lbs within 2 weeks ( Big guy 280 )
    2. what dosage did you use? >> 5 gms a day
    3. what times of day did you take it? >> With protein shake. It is a saturation issue, so timing is less important.
    4. how do you take it? with liquid or right off the spoon? >> Se above
    5. how did it make you feel? No feeling from taking it, but noticed effects in the gym. I feel able to get a couple more reps and/ do HIIT more effectively. My muscles feel fuller.
    6. do you only take it on training days?
    7. is it necessary to load?>> Some people say yes, but I say no. It just takes a little longer to see effects.
    8. is it necessary to cycle? Some do, some dont. I will after 3 months or so.

Drink plenty of water and more doesn't give more benefits. You will just pee it out.