Calories in Calories Out

Options
I'm just wondering if i have a bad lunch (client luncheon) and am at my calorie threshold is it okay to just skip dinner? I know in the past I heard all this starvation mode stuff but if I am hearing right that's not true?

I really can go without eating at night some nights and was just wondering if that's an option if i over eat for lunch.

Thanks!

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You can't starve from missing one meal.
  • quitter1973
    quitter1973 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ok so know slowed down metabolism or anything- like if I eat a bad lunch i can just skip dinner?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You won't starve from missing one meal - but you might overeat tomorrow if you're really hungry. If you're hungry tonight have a sensible dinner, otherwise have a good healthy breakfast in the morning.
  • Or do some more exercise so's to buy back some calories.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    HECK NO!!! Eat dinner, keep it small and clean and healthy. You shouldn't really skip a meal especially if your body is telling you your hungry. My opinon its about making a healthy lifestyle not a diet and you shouldn't go hungry, it would do your body more harm to go hungry then to eat something small and healthy and slightly go over your calories by a 100 or so.
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    HECK NO!!! Eat dinner, keep it small and clean and healthy. You shouldn't really skip a meal especially if your body is telling you your hungry. My opinon its about making a healthy lifestyle not a diet and you shouldn't go hungry, it would do your body more harm to go hungry then to eat something small and healthy and slightly go over your calories by a 100 or so.

/Agreed. Also, get up and exercise to earn back some calories if you're that worried.
  • quitter1973
    Options
    Thank you- I have been working out I just thought I would check.

Thanks for your inputs!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    ^^ Not looking very healthy at all there. (Yunnieh)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

This is true, but it's kinder to your body (and you won't feel starving and miserable) if you allow yourself to eat something small for dinner, like a small chicken salad with lots of veggies, a little light dressing and TONS of water. Then back you your usual routine tomorrow!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Ok so know slowed down metabolism or anything- like if I eat a bad lunch i can just skip dinner?

Yes you can skip it! Millions of people skip meals, no big deal, no impact on your metabolism.
    Think of our ancestors - you don't catch a sabre-toothed tiger three times a day.

Alternatively don't eat all of your "bad lunch" - you don't have to clear your plate.
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    eat something low in calories like a salad...steamed veggies...cereal...yogurt with fruit...a little light something is good for you
  • quitter1973
    Options
    But the bad lunch was sooo good...

Burritos catered in from a gas station!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Evaluate it tonight. If you are hungry, eat something. If you aren't don't. You aren't going to die if you don't eat and your body will not hate you for skipping a meal. Besides, it's only one meal. It shouldn't destroy your weightloss plans.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Evaluate it tonight. If you are hungry, eat something. If you aren't don't. You aren't going to die if you don't eat and your body will not hate you for skipping a meal. Besides, it's only one meal. It shouldn't destroy your weightloss plans.

This. Either way you'll be fine. I would go for a light dinner, just because I don't like to go to bed hungry, but skipping dinner wont slow down your metabolism.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    There will be relatively.

But your metabolism will have been speeded up even more earlier by the same amount; so all will work out.

However, you do need to make sure you are in control as suggested - and don't go pigging out because you're hungry.

I'm envious of burritos in gas stations - we just pies and pasties with questionable gristly over-spiced chunks.

My usual 'thing' is to keep eating, but to do more exercise to cancel it out instead.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    But the bad lunch was sooo good...

Burritos catered in from a gas station!

I love them. Where I grew up they were almost always 3/$1 and we ate them a ton. Thank goodness they dont sell them at all the gas stations like back home. I still indulge when I go back though.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you arent hungry, dont eat.