Most Common Excuses NOT To Exercise or Eat Healthy

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Haha all of these are good ones!

Mine might be a bit different.. One excuse I've used is: "but if I start exercising and breathing heavy, I'll have an asthma attack and have to stop, so what's the point?"
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Someone said to me

I read/heard that the heart can only beat so many beats per lifetime, so why push it by making it beat more quickly?
  • want2befitx94
    Options
    Too tired
    Dont have time
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    "I'm a terrible cook."

"I know I'm probably not eating the best food, but I don't know what I should be eating."

"I just couldn't get to the grocery store this weekend."

"You wake up WHEN to go work out? There is no WAY I could do that."

"You have time to work out at night, too? You must be rich/single/childless."

"You walk to that restaurant from the office? There are so many hills! I would die."

"I didn't bring any sneakers to work today, so I guess I'll just have to drive to the restaurant - I'll meet you there." Or if they want to make you complicit to their choice - "You can just ride with me."

"My husband needed my help and I couldn't go work out." AKA, the revolving miscellaneous excuse. "My cat was sick yesterday and I wanted to keep on eye on him tonight to make sure he didn't get worse." "It was too hot, I was afraid of heat stroke." "I got a phone call from a friend I hadn't talked to in so long..." Etc.
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    " I am lazy" period lol. That's why I gained so much. I just became a lazy *kitten*!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    "I'm always tired". . . while they're stuffing their face with processed food and chugging soda.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have 2:

I just don't feel like it.

Ill do it tomorrow.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time!" is an adult version of, "the dog ate my homework!" What it boils down to is laziness! I work a full time job, have two kids, and a husband, and a home to tend to! I go to the gym no less than five days a week, most of the time I go six! There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE in my book! And as far as eating healthy there is no excuses where that is concerned either!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My former excuses:
    I'm too tired
    I didn't eat that much today so...I don't have to work out
    I'm only going to live once, so eat and enjoy
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Exercise.... If I have make up on, and my hair is done... I don't want to get sweaty and have to take a shower -- so then I say no to working out.

Eating healthy... I sometimes tell myself I don't want to waste a certain food/left overs... so I put off eating healthy, and eat junk in the house.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    today a friend of mine told me she "forgot"
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I will go with you to the gym, when I don't have anything else to do!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself that it's too cold out in the garage (where my equipment is), but I suck it up and go anyway!

Most common excuse other than it's cold that I hear is I don't have time.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I won't exercise if it's raining. ...long story how that habit started. Lol.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    sportsbra in the washing
    having a nap instead
    scared to make small aches worse
    tired
    depressed
    i have many lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The seam on my sock is digging into my foot and I will get a blister. :angry:
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I can't loose weight because I am on the pill! (Birth control pill) It makes me hungrier and holds weight!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time" or "it's too hard, I can't do it"
  • fatboymax
    Options
    All the clothes I own for the gym don't fit me anymore!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    its the holidays