The fear of enjoying the holidays

Options

Replies

• claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminders. Thank you for all you said. I am Thankful for people like you that are placed in my life when I need them. God Bless.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    For those still struggling, slow it down. It isn't an example of your failures. It really is just another day. Don't see not binging as a punishment. See it as something you can overcome. The key thing is, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP about what happens on that one day. It is just a day. You can overcome this. It you just don't quit, you will overcome it.

It won't happen on some set time schedule. you don't have to wake up every morning with the soundtrack to Rocky playing in your head as you run to the gym and have your own last chance workout. Just get up, and do more than you did the day before while eating less. If you eat too much, then accept it, and move forward.

THANK YOU SOOO much! I really needed to hear you today! Congratulations on you're amazing success. xoxo
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's not so much those single days of indulgence. I'm all for stuffing my face on Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's the excess of food that is constantly around over the next few months. I'm scared of overdoing it on a day to day basis.
  • rbraddy
    rbraddy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hoss, you are a man of many words and you couldn't have said this any better. :heart: Thanks for posting this and thanks for being my friend. :flowerforyou:
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • abazooday727
    Options
    BUMP
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Gonna try to sum it up in one word:

NICE
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    one of the BEST posts I have had the pleasure of reading in a long time!!!

Thank you and I agree you ROCK!!!
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed that huge portion of healthy attitude! I will take seconds of it in your honor!

Thank you so much, Sir!

Happy Happy Thanksgiving!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You totaly rock my friend, I hope you have the best Holiday ever!
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more!
    If only everyone had this attitude there might be less faddy diets and yo yo dieters!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    reminds me of a quote...

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Live, enjoy the day.. Carpe Diem
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I+LOVE+THIS+POST+.+Fresh+OJ...+I+mean+OC_c051f3_3308213.jpg
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wisdom abounds! Thanks for sharing!
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Spot on brother!! You are one of the wisest people I have the pleasure of knowing! Thanks!
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post! Definately reading this before thanksgiving dinner!
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Thanks for sharing those great words of wisdom. I feel better already :-)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    No truer word said well done that man
  • chickie11
    chickie11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love this post Hoss and you know how much I love you and am so happy we have crossed paths and become friends.. I can relate to every word of this as I was also morbidly obese...the eating wasnt even for joy...it was medication to ease the feelings of failure for me anyway...I had no self worth no respect for myself.
    Its funny now I have found respect for myself and for the food...I can enjoy everything without disrespecting it or my body!
    We have come a long way Hoss!!! Congrats on digging so deep that you are changing your insides along with your outsides!!
    MWAH!!! Bravo my friend!!!
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    Amen to that!