Hostess is out of business!

Options
2»

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    hit the gym a bit more and stay on the bike/treadmill longer and stop beating yourself over the head about it
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lol I bought all the twinkies I could find

0UA6c.jpg

OMG....EPIC!! (Thanks for the smile, it's been a rough day)
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    RIPHostess.jpg

Bow our heads in a moment of silence...but damn that Twinkie looks good :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of Zombieland where the guy goes around EVERYWHERE trying to find his damn Twinkie. This is our foreseeable future.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I drove by the Hostess outlet store down the street and peeked in the window when it was closed tonight. Not one single box of any type of cake on the shelves. I'm so mad at myself for not getting there sooner.

My mother used to go to the Hostess outlet store here (when it was the Dolly Madison outlet store). She would stock up on all kinds of stuff, including Zingers and bread. The Zingers (just like Twinkies, but in different flavors) would go in our lunchboxes. All of this was stored in the garage freezer.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Basically their labor went on strikes months ago, they went bankrupt and decided it is easier and cheaper just to shut down and fire all the labor.

Most likely they are just going to sell to another company because it is part of a bigger mega umbrella company and they will just basically sell it to themselves in a very confusing way like Kraft does with every thing.

I don't know if Hostess had any bakeries out here in CA. I suspect that the brands will be sold to another company. But will they be allowed to set up shop WITHOUT the union? Unlikely here, and if Boeing is any indication, the union will put up a fight.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    the only thing sad about this is the lost jobs.

The good news is that (maybe) Americans would try and appreciate the local bakery good quality pastries more rather than the crap hostess was selling?

BLASPHEMER!
  • Rope_Jumper
    Options
    After the top brass got 80% pay increases they wanted to cut the workers pay in half...
  • wheldar
    Options
    This is news to me, I only caught the TV news long enough to see the weather and traffic reports.

If I can find a pack of Twinkies and eat one and plant the other in my yard...will I have a Twinkie tree in a few months or will I still only have one little, dirt covered Twinkie???

Someone is bound to be hoarding them. And, maybe we will see them on eBay soon...HA! At a price...!

Even better, maybe someone will come up with a homemade recipe for a Twinkie-like snack that is healthy. Kind of like a generic medicine for a name brand...
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    RIPHostess.jpg

Ohhhhh - you HAD to go there!

Love it! While I usually stay away from hostess goodies.. I am still sad to see this iconic company go :( So many great childhood memories :) I hope the product lines live on...
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Theyre liquidating their assets, but more than likely some other company will buy them out, or buy out their assets, and continue selling those goodies.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    5jUMR.jpg