ooking for girls who reached 125. I am 10 pounds away.

Options
2»

Replies

• mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", it took me about 16 months to lose 26lbs. I think I worked out about 5-6 days a week in the beginning. I counted calories, used a food scale and ate clean. I cut out caffeine, lowered salt and sugar. drank 8 glasses of water every day.
    change your workout routines often as well. right now I work at a pharmacy so I am on my feet all day and constant moving.
    I only workout out 2 times a week. one day for cardio and one day for strength training. I don't count calories anymore but I do watch what I eat. I have maintained my weight between 123-125 for a while.

also I started at 1200 calories but ended at 1700 calories to lose the last pounds.
  • debdelilah
    Options
    Hey Y'all,

I am looking for girls who reached their goal of 125pounds the healthy way. I am 10 pounds away and having a hard time getting there! Did you guys have to be more strict on your diet the closer you got? I can see my body toning, (which is perfectly fine) but the scale is not moving at all. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but when will the scale change? It has been a month since I have seen a change in numbers. I have seen a change in inches though. I am not obsessed with the scale and I hardly weigh myself. I just know I am working hard and would like to reach my goal. Did this happen to those who reached their goal? Also when I have one cheat meal, my stomach stretches out to 9878978989 inches. I thought the closer I was to my goal, the easier this would become.

Jess

Friend me!

I am 5'4 and reached/passed 125 when I lost weight in 2009...I actually was only actively dieting until I reached 128 - at that point I was on maintenance, but continued to lose slowly over the course of several months. The less body fat you have, the more your body will try to hold onto it. At 135, you are no longer overweight, so if you eat little, your body will work overtime to conserve - slow your metabolism, burn muscle. So eating more to lose can really work. Just ease into it, and be sure to be active and do strength training to rev your metabolism and improve your body fat percentage - that way you can forget the scale for a little while and just focus on fitness instead of weight loss and not get frustrated if there are fluctuations due to workouts or the loss is slow.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I was in your position not long ago. I was at 140 and wanted to get to 120-125. My story in a nutshell:
    Started eating 1200 cals and doing cardio. Cut out full calorie soda and only had alcohol on the weekends. Lost 10 lbs in about 6 weeks but felt like crap.
    Then I was stuck at 130 for moooooonths!
    Tried Weight Watchers for a few months before a trip to Hawaii. Still ate low cal and did a lot of cardio. Added in 30 Day Shred and got down to 125 - but was always hungry.
    Ripped in 30 was next, started eating some more, went back to 127 but lost inches.
    Got really interested in lifting heavy and did New Rules of Lifting for Women Stage 1 twice. Upped my cals to what the book recommended. Saw some good changes but weight went back up to 129.
    Tried LiveFit Trainer for three weeks, didn't like the split program but liked the eating plan.
    Found Strong Lifts 5x5 and decided to eat at TDEE and focus on protein intake. I decided to stop caring what the scale said, but for my weigh in last week and this, I clocked in at 125.5. I eat pizza once a week (if not more) and always enjoy a few adult beverages on the weekends.

I have found that focusing on fitness goals is more fun chasing a number on the scale. The number on the scale just happened to come down. I do take progress pics and have seen some AMAZING changes to my body in the last few months.

Eat clean, lift heavy, and have fun.

Edit: This progression has been over the last 18 months or so. Be patient if you are looking for sustainable changes.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I'd be much help as I'm 5'2" and weigh 120...trying to drop a little more to have more buffer to stay in my size 2s At 123, they're tight and I like them loose.

However, when I got 10lbs away from my original goal; I joined challenges (challenges not to eat junk food, challenges to get x amount of exercise, challenges to drink 1/2 your body weight in water (in ounces of course) up to 100 oz... that kept me stricter on my "plan". I eat mainly low glycemic and a lot of raw. I try not to have any regular cheat days, but once in a while if I feel like a splurge, I don't deny myself but try to keep it within reason and still within my calories. They just might not be per what I normally eat.

Also, because I get easily bored with exercise...doing the same routines over and over. I challenge myself by training for something new. This winter I'm training for my first ever half marathon; the last two winters I trained for the Warrior Dash which I ran in May 2011 and May 2012. The half will be in March.

Good Luck! You can break the plateau...you can try alternating your calorie days. For example:

Say you are eating 1200 calories per day now

Sunday: 1200-1300 calories
    Monday: 1200-1300 calories
    Tuesday: 1200-1300 calories
    Wednesday: 1500-1600 calories
    Thursday: 1200-1300 calories
    Friday: 1200-1300 calories
    Saturday: 1200-1300 calories
    Sunday: 1500-1600 calories

This was a recommendation by the dietitian and fitness instructor on eDiets when I was on there for those plateauing on their weight loss. It couldn't hurt to try it. I believe they said it boosted your metabolism.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I reached 125, then gained weight and got smaller. Yay for strength training and not giving a damn about the scale.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/another-screw-the-scale-comparison-photo-442566
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months to get from 140 down to 125 and I'm also 5'4". If those pics of you in a bikini are current, you look a lot better than I do and don't really need to lose more weight imo.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about the number on the scale since you look awesome.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months to get from 140 down to 125 and I'm also 5'4". If those pics of you in a bikini are current, you look a lot better than I do and don't really need to lose more weight imo.

If I were you, I wouldn't sorry so much about the number on the scale since you look awesome.

Thanks guys! The pic of me in a bikini was when I was 19yrs old. I am now 24. Then I weighed 112ish and didnt care about fitness/health anything. That was just me. Then I slowly gained up to 150pounds. I realized I had gained weight so I started MFP and go down to 135. My goal is 125. I don't want to be below 125, I still want to be womanly.. :)
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I reached 125 about a few months ago. It took me a long time to get their from 130. Now I'm at 119-120. I'm 5'2" so I'm not looking to loose very much more weight and just hope to maintain. I switched up my workouts a lot and incorporated more fruits and veggies during a plateau and tried to stay under my limit for carbs :)

Feel free to friend me!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The last 10 lbs are the hardest. I found eating clean, strength training and limiting carbs in the evening helped. I also kept my deficit to 200-300 calories per day. Anything more and the scale did not budge.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 125 pounds. My goal is 119. I am currently doing the 30 day shred and love it! I'm not losing weight any more, but I'm losing inches! Let me know if I can help in any other way!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    5'8" 115lbs. Friend me if you'd like. Trying to bulk now btw.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 141 looking to get to 125 ish. the only time i ever did get to 120 was when i was eating such a tiny amount and super clean... i gotta stop eating junk i have far too much of it. i also need to avoid fats because then i'll lose inches off my butt and thighs as thats where my fat deposit goes.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    once u get closer it gets harder, as your body doesnt have that much fat to lose anymore..
    I lost lots of lbs easily... once I reached the 140 its taking me ages!!!.. Im in 133 now, 13 to go!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i was stuck for a while after i had lost some weight, i started at 127 and then around 115 it wasn't moving for quite some time. i switched up what type of exercise i did and would eat more on some days and less on the others to get my metabolism going. i have been around the same weight again for some time now, i think after a while your body just starts to slow down and you may need to switch things up a little. you will get there though :]
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I generally feel that my body responds so well to interval training. Ditto to it getting more difficult the closer you get!
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 also. I have gone from 161 to 126. It took me about 6 months to loose the last 10. I played around with calories and even trained for a half marathon during this time. I actually think that bumping up my calories from 1490 to 1770 has helped. A lot of people think that you have to eat less to weigh less, but not true for me. Also, the running probably made a big difference. I have been running around 20 miles a week for about 6 months now. My metabolism is through the roof because of it.

My answer probably didn't help much, but I would be happy to support you in losing your last few. feel free to add me :)