What are your talents?

Options

Replies

• StyxxandStones
    Options
    I sew and create things quite well with no patterns. I cook much the same way, no recipes, but it almost always turns out well. I see the silver lining in any situation.

And some more things that my boyfriend could probably expand on. I'm not looking for a strike, so I'll just say I'm a damn good lover.
  • ThePinkPretzel
    Options
    baking!

^ this is why i'm fat! lol
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm great at reading something, and being able to memorize the whole page(s). Also works for auditory lessons.
    Anything to do with video games, I'll master quickly. Same goes for computers and coding.
    My mom says I'm great (hah) at makeup.
    I can sniff out discounts at stores like no other.
    I can flare my nostrils.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    1. I'm a great back rubber
    2. I'm a yummy cook
    3. Nobody cleans a bathroom better than I do
    4. Kids luv my imagination
    5. I'm really good with animals
    6. I'm really good with the elderly
    7. I am super good at removing price tags from things without leaving any sticky residue and with I dont need goof-off/goo gone.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    HMMMM, if you asked me the talents of my husband or my son....I could go on for days; but me?

I guess I'm a good singer; I've been singing since a tot but I'm not rock star material I'm more ballads; my husband, parents and parents in-laws say I sing like an angel...yes I've sang in many choirs, honor choirs, church choirs, weddings, my grandfather's funeral at my grandmother's request (that was a toughie), graduations, My Coast Guard graduation (the first recruit to ever sing the National anthem at a graduation), lots of musicals....I'm a first soprano (think Opera); my Senior year in HS I was voted most likely to break glass with my voice. :smile:

If I still had a piano, I could play....(need to rectify that moving mishap)

I can break a couple of boards with a kick or a shudo chop
    I can shoulder throw a man over 6' tall (this doesn't sound exceptional, except I'm only 5'2")

I'm very analytical
    I have been told that I'm special because I can understand the business and the technical side of things and can explain complex things in simple terms (I guess that's a talent?)

I'm good at Math, grammar, spelling, and the arts (so I use both sides of my brain)

I can research anything....if you need to know about something; I can find every piece of documentation on it.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    baking!

^ this is why i'm fat! lol

You don't look fat.....I think you need to take that back!
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    play piano
    very good dancer
    good learner
    and to be happy !:)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm ambidextrous
    Classically trained dancer
    Photographer
    A great cook
    I have a weird connection with animals, any stray I see will approach me
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Remaining employed in spite of being almost completely useless...a skill I honed with years of government service.

Thank you for your contribution.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have awesome interview skills! This alter ego who is take charge and confident comes out. I always feel a little bad for them after they hire me because I'm not really like that.

What else...I'm nearly fluent in French, and I can bake. I am also a good babysitter because I'm fun, but the kids know I'm not going to let them get away with any hijinks.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am a good country singer and a very good Karaoke Host
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread.

I am good with anything related to technology. Natural born tech geek.

I've been told that I am a very good writer. I enjoy writing all manner of short stories and have been working on a book for some time now but can never seem to find the time to finish it. One of my short stories is posted in my MFP blog.

I am a superlative procrastinator.

I think that my best skill, or talent if you prefer, is troubleshooting a problem. I have always been able to analyze and troubleshoot a complex problem and find the solution with relative ease.

I'm also pretty good at designing and knitting various knit clothing and such. Sweaters, hats, scarves, socks, etc. I never use a pattern and just "make it up as I go along" and they always seem to turn out.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good writer. Had an essay published in one of the textbooks my college uses for a required English course. Was told to publish one of my stories. WILL BE self publishing a novel of mine in the near future.
    I make miniature food/flowers clay jewelry and have been getting better at it with practice.
    Good actor.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty awesome at surfing the net.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I can write in cursive backwards.
    I hve a sharp wit and a wealth of useless trivial knowledge to draw vague cultural and literary references.
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    I play the trumpet and guitar, am decent at photography, I write and can make quilts. How's that for a mix? LOL
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am a old school geek. I have solved computer problems for over 30 years.
    I am also very good at drinking beer. This does not help the geek skills.
    I am also good at navigation. Sailing and drinking beer just go together
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great singers in here so I say we start us a topi called MFP Idol All entries make a video o audio clip of them singing and we the people shall judge.

Hahaha I don't think I'm up for that!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm good at understanding people with thick accents. Everyone at my office puts me on the phone with callers who are not native English speakers, because I have no issues understanding them. I don't speak a foreign language, but can at least read and understand a foreign language (Latin or Germanic based) at an elementary level after about 10 days of immersion exposure. I'm terrible at speaking and reproducing the letter sounds of foreign languages, so it is pretty much only a one-way communication, unfortunately.

I'm good at figuring out how to use a new piece of software after about 5 hours of fooling around with it. Well, not databases, but stuff like photoshop and video editing software, spread sheets and stuff like that I'm pretty good at getting the hang of using it pretty quickly.

I'm able to use Mac OSX, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, iOS, and Android OS without any hesitation.

I'm a great cook.

I'm not too shabby at floral arrangements.

I'm really good at organization. Give me a mess of a closet and an hour, and I'll give you the picture of organization for your wardrobe.

Of course, none of my talents are very entertaining. I'm more of a practical application type of person. :flowerforyou:
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I play the piano, I sing, I crochet, I bake yummy goodies, I dance, I'm good at organizing, I'm good at styling hair and makeup.

And I can keep up with three busy boys 8 and under on a daily basis. Superwoman!