Calling all Coconut oil lovers

Options
I'm learning all the wonderful benefits of coconut oil. I'm in my 3rd week of incorporating it into my diet with great success. I was looking to add more friends that has studied it's benefits for repairing the damages of their metabolism from all the chemicals from fat free foods and hydrogenated oils. Anyone loving coconut oil as much as I am and if so, please add me.

Replies

• jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet, but I'd love to learn more about it.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am a huge coconut oil advocate. I use it in my diet and topically!
  • tebcolorado
    Options
    Me! Huge fan here. I have a mega jar from Costco sitting on my counter.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    don't know all the reasons why it's so good but my mom is fanatical over it. Also, to get the best price on it, go to your local Indian grocery store.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Me! Huge fan here. I have a mega jar from Costco sitting on my counter.

Yes! On mine too. Was so excited when I went to Costco yesterday. LOL.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    allergic here, unfortunately...so I'll listen to the others:-)

-t
  • jigglewiggles
    Options
    Where do you all use the coconut oil? Is it in pill form as a supplement, or is it something you use for cooking? What brands do you use? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'd like to find out more about this.
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How do you use it? I thought it was only good in sweet dishes.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Where do you all use the coconut oil? Is it in pill form as a supplement, or is it something you use for cooking? What brands do you use? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'd like to find out more about this.

Organic extra virgin coconut oil - whatever brand is available. Great for cooking with and also in homemade skin care products. Tastes slightly sweet and well like coconut. It's solid at room temp and will melt around 80 degrees.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use the nutiva brand coconut oil
  • tebcolorado
    Options
    I saute my chicken in it. It's great for stir fry. It's great for any dish that requires high heat because it won't turn rancid at high heat like other cooking oils. It's fantastic on the skin as well. So many health benefits.
  • jigglewiggles
    Options
    Interesting, I'm gonna have to give this a try.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    LOVE coconut oi! I cook with it, add it to my tea, use it on my skin and hair.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love coconut oil - I sautee with it, throw some in the crock pot when making a stew or soup, and have mixed it with dark chocolate or in cookies for desserts. I also use it as a moisturizer for my face and body - its truly magical!
  • AngeK77
    AngeK77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm using it as a body moisturiser since I suffer from "seasonal scratchies". Works a treat and I smell like a Bounty!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Love it! Amazon.com carries several brands and sizes if you can't get it in your grocery store or local Costco. I use it on my skin, for cooking and my pets love it. When they refuse to eat their food because they want a treat, I just add a small spoonful to their food and they gobble it down.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Nutritionalist started my daughter on straight up 3TBS a day to correct thyroid and insulin resistance so I began researching it. Found out a ton of information. The book "Coconut Cure" is very helpful. A tsp in tea or coffee 20 minutes before meals aids in weight loss by decreasing cravings, correcting metabolism. I've personally experienced the decrease in cravings. It does so much more and I have some info on my profile.
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    LOVE coconut oil. I use it for my hair, body and face lotion, as a base for salves, and sometimes for cooking but my family doesn't like the taste. I also swish with it daily for oil pulling. LOVE it!
  • mecagney
    Options
    Love love love my coconut oil! I bought it because I heard it would get rid of the bumps on the back of my arms. It's amazing! I use it on my hair and cook with it too! Going to try to whip it like a body butter and give for gifts!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I was needing more friends that didn't think I was nuts!