Thanksgiving Meal ..... It's coming!!

Options

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I signed the family up for a 5k and then I'm going to focus on the lean turkey meat and tubers. Turkey is filling and low cal.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat EVERYTHING I see. Then I'm going to eat the pie, then another one just to show the first pie it wasn't that special!! Seriously, I"m going to gorge. It is, after all, only one day.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Well, I am going to work out and eat healthier during the week. On Thanksgiving Day, I am going to eat more heathy items and not overload on the junk. Also were taking family photos that day so I will get to walk!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I am going to EATZ ALL DA FOODZ, have not had a cheat day in over 11 months, ONE DAY ONLY I AM ENJOYING IT>
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Well considering that me and my mom are the ones cooking and we're not having anything extravagant, I'm gonna eat like normal.
    I'll be satisfied that way.
    Plus it's ONE day, you're allowed to live a little for one day I think.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a little of everything that I want, my Mom is such a fantastic cook.
    I am not having any alcohol this year either. We go for a walk every year, so I am looking forward to that too!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am working out M/T and W night. Instead of regular mashed potatoes I am making my special holiday potatoes (using yukon gold potatoes, parsley, a touch of garlic and herb butter, chicken broth, celery root, garlic and sea salt with fresh cracked pepper and a dash of milk.) I am adding more mashed veggies.

Other than that, not a lot changes...I never eat a lot on T-Day because I get so involved cooking that I am just not hungry at the end of the process. I end up having a small plate of turkey and dressing, lots of veggies and some potatoes with gravy and a roll.

For dessert tho I am making my pumpkin pie. That gets no changes and I will enjoy it... and I figure with the sweet potatoes and pumpkin it is not so bad for me even with the sugar in it. Not that there is a ton...the pie filling is sweet enough from the sweets and the pumpkin to need a lot of sweetener.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat a bit of everything but try to keep the size of the portions down. I'm not going to worry about it for the one day. Like a lot of others have said, I will just try to even out this "bad" day with upping my exercise and lowering my calories for the rest of the week.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    light breakfast, 5 K race in the morning. Light lunch, walk the dog.....then my 'ususal' non-traditional Thanksgiving meal (no turkey, no gravy, no cranberry sause - don't like those plus I am vegetarian :tongue: ). Whatever I will eat will be a bit on the healthier side and not really be a problem so to speak. I will have some red wine, will have some kind of desert. I will not fret over the calories but will log and just see where I am at. If I am over so be it..... :drinker:
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise in the morning
    2. Eat light breakfast and lunch
    3. Drink a LOT of water
    4. Eat a large salad before dinner
    5. Use a 1/4 c. measuring cup to measure the fatty side items
    6. Limit my meats to only 2 slices, bread or rolls to 1 piece
    7. Fill my plate with mostly the healthy stuff
    8. Don't go back for seconds
    9. Make a low cal sweet potato pie, and have one slice for dessert.

I think I should be pretty full from all that, and hopefully won't go over my calories too much. By using a 1/4 c. measure, I get a nice taste of everything, but not too much I think.
  • Lady_Taylor
    Lady_Taylor Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I plan on working out twice a day all week long and eating whatever I want. Hope it goes well. LOL
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's thanksgiving and I will be thankful to enjoy the day and not worry much about my caloric intake. With that said, I will not indulge too much.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I work that day. So for work, we are doing a pot luck. Lord only knows what everyone will bring. Some of it will be traditional, to be sure. I think we will do sign ups tomorrow. That night, we'll be having turkey breast, mashed potatoes, and steamed green beans. On Sunday, we're going to my mom's to eat, but I'm not sure what she will be having. I usually don't eat at all before I go out there, though, so whatever I eat will be my major calorie intake for the day anyways.

So really, no, not worried about it. Alot of the higher calorie stuff, like stuffing and desserts, I really don't like anyways. I might have trouble if there's cheesecake or something, but I don't like pumpkin pie or pecan pie, which is usually what is served. And God candied yams make me sick just looking at them. How can a person willingly eat those things? I'm all for sweet potatoes, but no....not like that.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I plan on focusing on WEEKLY calories. I'll cut short a bit the rest of the week, to leave some room. Normally I'm a day to day person. I also plan on holding my thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday, instead of Thursday, specifically because my gym is open on Wednesday, and NOT Thursday, and I will be squeezing in a workout.

THEN I will make all the food I darned well please, the turkey, baked mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, stuffing, deviled eggs, sugar cookies, homemade dinner rolls, gravy, the whole 9 yards. And then I will eat it. All of it... In moderation.. A little bit of everything, a half serving of most of it, save for a full serving of turkey.

Then there will be walking after dinner.

And Turkey sandwiches for the next forever, and other leftovers.

I prefer to enjoy my holidays. Besides, it pisses people off to see me eating "that way" and loosing weight. They can't wrap their head around that as a treat, not as my every day.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I plan on stuffing my face, plain and simple.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Just logged my first Thanksgiving dinner of the year (Large family so we have multiple dinners). 3500 for the whole day and I ate a ton and grabbed a Starbuck's Mocha on the way home. Not to bad.

DESTROYED SOME TURKEY!!! NOM NOM NOM
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat, enjoy and go on with my life as usual

holler
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving Day doesn't worry me - I do all of the cooking, prepping, decor, etc. so I'm pretty tired and not very hungry by mealtime. It's the two following days that are treacherous around here! Killer leftovers, and then we start making tamales...with "from scratch" red sauce. I lighten them up by using chix broth instead of lard, but still...
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i will probably splurge a little, but i usually always getr small portions of everything so i'm not just straight stuffing my face!!! lol
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We are having a paleo thanksgiving over at my parents' house. Should be a lot better for me than our regular fare. We will have crab stuffed mushrooms, Roasted Brussels sprouts, turkey, paleo pumpkin pie. We will have traditional food for the non paleo people but I'm excited to have enough paleo choices that I should stay on track. If I go over my calorie goal I will eat less or exercise more to even it out.