Thanksgiving Meal ..... It's coming!!

2»

Replies

• Lady_Taylor
    Lady_Taylor Posts: 46 Member
    I plan on working out twice a day all week long and eating whatever I want. Hope it goes well. LOL
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    It's thanksgiving and I will be thankful to enjoy the day and not worry much about my caloric intake. With that said, I will not indulge too much.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    I work that day. So for work, we are doing a pot luck. Lord only knows what everyone will bring. Some of it will be traditional, to be sure. I think we will do sign ups tomorrow. That night, we'll be having turkey breast, mashed potatoes, and steamed green beans. On Sunday, we're going to my mom's to eat, but I'm not sure what she will be having. I usually don't eat at all before I go out there, though, so whatever I eat will be my major calorie intake for the day anyways.

So really, no, not worried about it. Alot of the higher calorie stuff, like stuffing and desserts, I really don't like anyways. I might have trouble if there's cheesecake or something, but I don't like pumpkin pie or pecan pie, which is usually what is served. And God candied yams make me sick just looking at them. How can a person willingly eat those things? I'm all for sweet potatoes, but no....not like that.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    I plan on focusing on WEEKLY calories. I'll cut short a bit the rest of the week, to leave some room. Normally I'm a day to day person. I also plan on holding my thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday, instead of Thursday, specifically because my gym is open on Wednesday, and NOT Thursday, and I will be squeezing in a workout.

THEN I will make all the food I darned well please, the turkey, baked mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, stuffing, deviled eggs, sugar cookies, homemade dinner rolls, gravy, the whole 9 yards. And then I will eat it. All of it... In moderation.. A little bit of everything, a half serving of most of it, save for a full serving of turkey.

Then there will be walking after dinner.

And Turkey sandwiches for the next forever, and other leftovers.

I prefer to enjoy my holidays. Besides, it pisses people off to see me eating "that way" and loosing weight. They can't wrap their head around that as a treat, not as my every day.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    I plan on stuffing my face, plain and simple.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Just logged my first Thanksgiving dinner of the year (Large family so we have multiple dinners). 3500 for the whole day and I ate a ton and grabbed a Starbuck's Mocha on the way home. Not to bad.

DESTROYED SOME TURKEY!!! NOM NOM NOM
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    I'm going to eat, enjoy and go on with my life as usual

holler
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Thanksgiving Day doesn't worry me - I do all of the cooking, prepping, decor, etc. so I'm pretty tired and not very hungry by mealtime. It's the two following days that are treacherous around here! Killer leftovers, and then we start making tamales...with "from scratch" red sauce. I lighten them up by using chix broth instead of lard, but still...
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    i will probably splurge a little, but i usually always getr small portions of everything so i'm not just straight stuffing my face!!! lol
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    We are having a paleo thanksgiving over at my parents' house. Should be a lot better for me than our regular fare. We will have crab stuffed mushrooms, Roasted Brussels sprouts, turkey, paleo pumpkin pie. We will have traditional food for the non paleo people but I'm excited to have enough paleo choices that I should stay on track. If I go over my calorie goal I will eat less or exercise more to even it out.
  • rburgess7
    rburgess7 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm going to grill jennie o turkey breast. Have some jasmine rice and brocolli. I might even make some bisquits and have sugar free pudding for desert. All should be under 500 calories.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    i am more worried about alcohol intake than food intake lol, that is where most of my calories where be coming from