AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Good job. If you have not been doing any weights, I would suggest doing that moving forward. You have lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. You do appear to be healthy and happy though. The biggest threat is regaining quickly. Maintenance will be key. The weight training will help to improve your body fitness level. Best wishes on your continued journey.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    okay first off you look totally amazing!!!!!!!! Great great job!!!

Secondly I've been eye balling your pic for a while wondering if I should say this but I've just GOT to. Not in any way teasing you or anything just have to say it. You totally look like Dr.Venture from Venture Bros in your after picture!!!!!! :love:

dr-venture-picture.jpg

Again congrats on the amazing loss!!!!!!! :D
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Don't crap on someone's success because they don't follow the same plan as you did. RIDICULOUS.

I totally agree! And OP, congrats on your success! You look great!
  • WLB1976
    Options
    Wow! You sir are an inspiration to me!

I'm a fella starting at around 300 and wanting to head to 200 or so. Thank you for posting this.
  • vsantos001
    Options
    Great job!!!! Now THAT'S determination!
  • Resharee
    Options
    Wow that is amazing...keep up the great work. Its always amazing to see such great success stories as yours. I am truly motivated more now.
  • roxyhourican
    roxyhourican Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow, congratulations....and here i am strugglingto lose 5lbs,
    happy for you
    I found your post very inspirational
    and motivating
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss.

However, I looked at your diet and exercise diary for the last weeks - you are eating well under 1200 net with days at 400-600 net when you calculate in exercise. For a variety of reasons that is not healthy. And while the strength training has probably helped stave off some muscle loss - I'm willing to bet that a slower rate would have been healthier in that respect. But you are young and hopefully not going to have to common problems linked to rapid loss.

Best of luck with what follows - going to maintenance.
  • thegreatest99
    Options
    wow, very happy for u.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    good answer bro , great success story .. now double the protein and carbs from clean sources and hit some nice weight ... in a few months ul look solid .
    good luck with your journey
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    nice work! love the new hair btw ;)
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    awesome WORK!
  • kenziestx
    Options
    Holy cow! You look like a totally different person. Great job!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    This is truly amazing what determination and commitment can accomplish. You are certainly an inspiration to many people who feel overwhelmed with over 100 pounds to lose.

For those who question if this quick of a loss is safe-

1. He was morbidly obese when he started. People who are obese can lose weight significantly faster than those only slightly or moderately overweight. 1-2 pounds is a safe rate for the average person, the obese can safely lose many more than that in the early months. I am sure that he is no longer losing 5 pounds per week at his current weight. For those of you who only need to lose 10-20 pounds, do not think that you can lose at that rate, or that he is telling you that you can or should lose at that rate.

Compare yourself to like individuals. The lady who maintains on 2600 would lose 2 lbs a week on 1600 (in theory) and 3 lbs per week on 1100. But since she is only 7 lbs from her goal weight, her focus is on building muscle, NOT a large percentage of fat loss. If she were to weigh 300 pounds, with a 75% BF, then 3 lbs a week loss would be perfectly fine.

2. He exercised regulary for cardio fat burning and weight training to preserve the most lean muscle mass as possible. This kept his metabolism working well which kept him from plateauing.

3. His macros are near perfect. Focusing on protein, high fiber carbs, low sugar, good fats. That is the perfect combination for the healthy, steady weight loss. I am sure that when he starts to aggressively build muscle, he will increase his protein and overall calorie total.

4. Will he continue eating at this calorie level forever? Of course not. When he is at or near goal weight, then he will figure out his maintenance calorie level and start working his way up towards that number.
    I can't imagine someone with the determination to make the sacrifices to lose that much weight, is going to say 'screw it' and start back on beer and pizza and gain it all back. He lost his weight the 'right' way, with healthy REAL food, regular exercise, and a safe calorie deficit for his size. He didn't lose it on liquid fasts, or simple starvation 500 calorie diet, then have to switch to eating 'real' food again. He made changes in his food choices. He changed his way of thinking. If he continues with the same mindset of exercise and healthy eating, then there is no reason for anyone to say that he will gain all his weight back because he lost it quickly.

He made the decision to lose the weight, and if he decides every day to keep the weight off, I have no doubt that he will succeed in that goal as well.

Kudos to you dear sir, for choosing a goal and doing what it takes to attain it. You can be quite an inspiration for many people, proving that weight loss is indeed possible. Not everyone will want to lose that quickly, and that is certainly their choice, but don't let them tell you that your choice is wrong for you.

You rock!
  • SGocka
    SGocka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is truly amazing what determination and commitment can accomplish. You are certainly an inspiration to many people who feel overwhelmed with over 100 pounds to lose.

For those who question if this quick of a loss is safe-

1. He was morbidly obese when he started. People who are obese can lose weight significantly faster than those only slightly or moderately overweight. 1-2 pounds is a safe rate for the average person, the obese can safely lose many more than that in the early months. I am sure that he is no longer losing 5 pounds per week at his current weight. For those of you who only need to lose 10-20 pounds, do not think that you can lose at that rate, or that he is telling you that you can or should lose at that rate.

Compare yourself to like individuals. The lady who maintains on 2600 would lose 2 lbs a week on 1600 (in theory) and 3 lbs per week on 1100. But since she is only 7 lbs from her goal weight, her focus is on building muscle, NOT a large percentage of fat loss. If she were to weigh 300 pounds, with a 75% BF, then 3 lbs a week loss would be perfectly fine.

2. He exercised regulary for cardio fat burning and weight training to preserve the most lean muscle mass as possible. This kept his metabolism working well which kept him from plateauing.

3. His macros are near perfect. Focusing on protein, high fiber carbs, low sugar, good fats. That is the perfect combination for the healthy, steady weight loss. I am sure that when he starts to aggressively build muscle, he will increase his protein and overall calorie total.

4. Will he continue eating at this calorie level forever? Of course not. When he is at or near goal weight, then he will figure out his maintenance calorie level and start working his way up towards that number.
    I can't imagine someone with the determination to make the sacrifices to lose that much weight, is going to say 'screw it' and start back on beer and pizza and gain it all back. He lost his weight the 'right' way, with healthy REAL food, regular exercise, and a safe calorie deficit for his size. He didn't lose it on liquid fasts, or simple starvation 500 calorie diet, then have to switch to eating 'real' food again. He made changes in his food choices. He changed his way of thinking. If he continues with the same mindset of exercise and healthy eating, then there is no reason for anyone to say that he will gain all his weight back because he lost it quickly.

He made the decision to lose the weight, and if he decides every day to keep the weight off, I have no doubt that he will succeed in that goal as well.

Kudos to you dear sir, for choosing a goal and doing what it takes to attain it. You can be quite an inspiration for many people, proving that weight loss is indeed possible. Not everyone will want to lose that quickly, and that is certainly their choice, but don't let them tell you that your choice is wrong for you.

You rock!

Very kind words. Thank you so much. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!